Try our "Help Me AI"

Thread: Ever regretted not doing something in the past?

Status
    Reputed Member

Post Ever regretted not doing something in the past?

Regrets-the only thing that takes up most in our minds... We all have felt that feeling often by not doing something we had the opportunity to do so.
    We spend hours and hours feeling why we did not do something? Or why we did that specific thing?
    My greatest regret was not giving my best in the whole A/L years. I spent my time going after novels rather than my study notes. I was confident that I could study whatever I do. But I ended up wrong. Without hardworking in something no one can achieve anything and I realized that too late. Had I thought of concentrating on my studies more, then my life would have been much better and different. Who knows?

But I've got over that regret. More or less. SO what is your greatest regret? Something that might have changed your whole life!

Status
    Reputed Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shana View Post
    Regrets-the only thing that takes up most in our minds... We all have felt that feeling often by not doing something we had the opportunity to do so.
    We spend hours and hours feeling why we did not do something? Or why we did that specific thing?
    My greatest regret was not giving my best in the whole A/L years. I spent my time going after novels rather than my study notes. I was confident that I could study whatever I do. But I ended up wrong. Without hardworking in something no one can achieve anything and I realized that too late. Had I thought of concentrating on my studies more, then my life would have been much better and different. Who knows?

But I've got over that regret. More or less. SO what is your greatest regret? Something that might have changed your whole life!
    I am vise versa of you. I had some personal issues in my A/level and was in the worst family situation in my life. I didn't study well, but I don't regret for that. I regret for not watching much movies and very low rate of reading... That was the wasted 4 years of my life . I am still unable to come over this. I feel like I have lost precious time.

Status
    Reputed Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Karikaalan View Post
    I am vise versa of you. I had some personal issues in my A/level and was in the worst family situation in my life. I didn't study well, but I don't regret for that. I regret for not watching much movies and very low rate of reading... That was the wasted 4 years of my life . I am still unable to come over this. I feel like I have lost precious time.
    You regret not watching enough movies? What is it with you and movies? My novels are my escape from reality. I like creating an alternate universe in my mind, using the plot lines of those novels.
    Meanwhile, movies make me think. I prefer those which confuse me to the core. But your regret is not watching movies??? Curious...

My regret was that I could not satisfy my mother's expectations, though she did not show it a lot. Had I studies well, maybe things would have been different. But the life I have now is something I never even imagined. That failure I had, opened up a lot of opportunities for me. In that way, I'm fortunate.

Status
    Reputed Member
    You regret not watching enough movies? What is it with you and movies?.
    My life is supposed to be with films. That is the only thing make me feel like I am living my life.
    Everyday if I am unable to watch a movie , I regret it. I have bonded myself with films too emotionally..

I am curious to know about your alternate universe in your mind! Shall you tell me further? I think it will open way to a good discussion..

Status
    Reputed Member
    My novels are my escape from reality. I like creating an alternate universe in my mind, using the plot lines of those.
    I hope to get some story plots from you.. searching for plots ...lol

Status
    Reputed Member
    That failure I had, opened up a lot of opportunities for me. In that way, I'm fortunate.
    You are fortunate by all the way. Whether you feel it or not, your reading habbit have made you more sensible than any other. You didn't fail. You got low results in A/level means your passion wasn't a/l studies or engineering . If you have got into eng you would not have been a techie now. Now you got the sensibility from the reading that relarely others have in our community. I think this is the way children should be grown.

Status
    Reputed Member
    My life is supposed to be with films. That is the only thing make me feel like I am living my life.
    Everyday if I am unable to watch a movie , I regret it. I have bonded myself with films too emotionally..

I am curious to know about your alternate universe in your mind! Shall you tell me further? I think it will open way to a good discussion..
    lol! Way too off the topic! But still, you want inspiration? Try "Vattiyum Mudhalum" book by Raju Murugan. One of the books that stimulate my thoughts and tbh it changed my perception of life. Just read it once and your mind will be full of stories. Let me know if you can't find it, I've got a pdf version of it. My suggestion to movie makers!

Status
    Reputed Member
    You are fortunate by all the way. Whether you feel it or not, your reading habbit have made you more sensible than any other. You didn't fail. You got low results in A/level means your passion wasn't a/l studies or engineering . If you have got into eng you would not have been a techie now. Now you got the sensibility from the reading that relarely others have in our community. I think this is the way children should be grown.
    Thank you for your kind words. But being sensible in this society is a crime nowadays. LOL

Status
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    My regrets are pretty similar to I didn't give my 100% in my A/Level. After A/Levels also I have attempted many things ,failed and got many redirections , but I am not regretting about them because those are the things that help me to reach the state where I am I today.

My novels are my escape from reality
    Same here, my Wattpad stories are my escape from reality, where I can create my own happy little world.
    You're not going to master the rest of your life in one day. Don't stress. Master the day. Make this a daily reminder.