Try our "Help Me AI"
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Emotional Intelligence - The good and the bad!

Status
    Reputed Member

Question Emotional Intelligence - The good and the bad!

Emotional intelligence aka EI/ EQ/ EIQ is the ability to recognize our own emotions and those of others,distinguishing them and labeling them. Having an EI is normally told to be a positive thing but it has some bad impacts as well.

When it comes to success, people debate that EI is more important than anything else. This may be because it helps to build more social relationship and social awareness.Having a high EI could also improve our self awareness and assertiveness, helping us to have a robust emotional vocabulary.

On the other hand,having more emotional concerns might push us into conflict.People with Emotional intelligence tend to analyze too much on everything, which could make them paralyzed in decision making.There are chances of self-doubt at some point due to this extra analyzing habit.

In my point of view, Emotional Intelligence drains us both mentally and emotionally than giving any positive effects.
    Share your thoughts on the impact of Emotional Intelligence in our life
    Do what is RIGHT, NOT what is EASY!

Status
    Reputed Member
    It's a new term -emotional intelligence-
    Yes . Analyzing too much may result in disturbed mind. sometimes may irritate others around us .

Status
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheero View Post
    Emotional intelligence aka EI/ EQ/ EIQ is the ability to recognize our own emotions and those of others,distinguishing them and labeling them. Having an EI is normally told to be a positive thing but it has some bad impacts as well.

When it comes to success, people debate that EI is more important than anything else. This may be because it helps to build more social relationship and social awareness.Having a high EI could also improve our self awareness and assertiveness, helping us to have a robust emotional vocabulary.

On the other hand,having more emotional concerns might push us into conflict.People with Emotional intelligence tend to analyze too much on everything, which could make them paralyzed in decision making.There are chances of self-doubt at some point due to this extra analyzing habit.
    Very true I experienced it myself I have the habit to over analyze everything which make me stressed unwantedly.

In my point of view, Emotional Intelligence drains us both mentally and emotionally than giving any positive effects.
    It's make you stress but At the end you will get the solution to handle the situation.In my point of view EI is important Just we need to handle it properly.
    You're not going to master the rest of your life in one day. Don't stress. Master the day. Make this a daily reminder.

Status
    Reputed Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Karikaalan View Post
    It's a new term -emotional intelligence-
    Yes . Analyzing too much may result in disturbed mind. sometimes may irritate others around us .
    You are right Karikaalan. This can also lead us towards unwanted fights.

Status
    Reputed Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhavya View Post
    Very true I experienced it myself I have the habit to over analyze everything which make me stressed unwantedly.

It's make you stress but At the end you will get the solution to handle the situation.In my point of view EI is important Just we need to handle it properly.
    So you are saying that if we handle it in the right way it'll definitely end up with positive outcomes, right? But in my view when we get stressed we cannot even handle simple things and the possibility of getting the right solution is less.

Status
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    So you are saying that if we handle it in the right way it'll definitely end up with positive outcomes, right?
    Yeah, I experienced myself.

But in my view when we get stressed we cannot even handle simple things and the possibility of getting the right solution is less.
    As I said earlier It's depend on the way we're Handling our stress.If we allow our stress to consume us we will definitely end up as mess.With experience you will find a way to manage your stress.
    You're not going to master the rest of your life in one day. Don't stress. Master the day. Make this a daily reminder.

Status
    Reputed Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhavya View Post
    Yeah, I experienced myself.

As I said earlier It's depend on the way we're Handling our stress.If we allow our stress to consume us we will definitely end up as mess.With experience you will find a way to manage your stress.
    Thank you for sharing your experience Bhavya.I should try this in future

Status
    Reputed Member

Actually whoever has EI shouldn't be around me a lot. I might end up slapping them, coz I don't like being questioned for each and every decision I make. And I don't desire to be a test rat for anyone's emotional intelligence hunger. Maybe if those people know how to keep their thoughts to themselves, then it can be pretty useful.

But seriously, Overthinking somethings might spoil the magic every moment holds. Think of it! If someone does a sweet thing and if someone else gives her/him a detailed analysis on why he/she did it and the motive behind it, then life would be messed up.

Status
    Reputed Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shana View Post
    But seriously, Overthinking somethings might spoil the magic every moment holds. Think of it! If someone does a sweet thing and if someone else gives her/him a detailed analysis on why he/she did it and the motive behind it, then life would be messed up.
    Absolutely right Shana. I've seen people loosing those precious moments just because of their unnecessary analysis.Overthinking creates a problem that wasn't there earlier.

Status
    Reputed Member

Generally it's all about understand our emotion and others emotions, but psychologically it's all about how you react for the emotions. EI is much needed one for everyone but most of them made mistake on how to react for it. The is a need of control in everything.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast