Try our "Help Me AI"

Thread: Any idea what Free and open Software is?

Status
    Reputed Member

Post Any idea what Free and open Software is?

Hey folks,

Windows 10,8,7, Vista , Microsoft Office Suite , Adobe Suite etc, are so familiar with us, so that we have even forgot about the other options available in the field. These software are not available for free( for those who don't know Torrents) and they come under certain license and agreements. Recently I came across much better free software available without having to pay something in dollars or have it expire and ask for activation code. That is what we call Free and Open Source Software(FOSS).

You can easily use the below alternatives for the current paid proprietary software you use.
    Internet browsers- Mozilla Firefox instead of Google Chrome or Internet explorer
    Media Player- VLC media Player instead of Windows Media Player
    3D modelling- Blender 3D instead of Autodesk Maya
    Virtualization- Oracle VM VirtualBox manager instead of parallels
    Torrent downloader- BitTorrent instead of Boxopus
    Office suite- Libre office Suite instead of Microsoft Office Suite
    Operating system- Ubuntu instead of Windows 10

This is what I've found so far, if you've heard of any other Free and open Software share it below guys.

Status
    Registered Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobi View Post
    Hey folks,

Windows 10,8,7, Vista , Microsoft Office Suite , Adobe Suite etc, are so familiar with us, so that we have even forgot about the other options available in the field. These software are not available for free( for those who don't know Torrents) and they come under certain license and agreements. Recently I came across much better free software available without having to pay something in dollars or have it expire and ask for activation code. That is what we call Free and Open Source Software(FOSS).

You can easily use the below alternatives for the current paid proprietary software you use.
    Internet browsers- Mozilla Firefox instead of Google Chrome or Internet explorer

This is what I've found so far, if you've heard of any other Free and open Software share it below guys.
    Thanks for Sharing Gobi!!

In addition to the above list, I'll add some more

For Graphic Designing - GIMP and Inkscape
    For zip file operations - 7zip
    For FTP Operations - Filezilla
    Multimedia - Media Player Classic

Status
    Reputed Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobi View Post
    Hey folks,

It's great, in feature using illegal software will be strictly considered as a crime in our country soon. So get to know about these will be so much helpful.

FossHub allows you to download unlimited amount of Free and Open Source Software.

Status
    Reputed Member
    Quote Originally Posted by assassin View Post
    It's great, in feature using illegal software will be strictly considered as a crime in our country soon. So get to know about these will be so much helpful.

FossHub allows you to download unlimited amount of Free and Open Source Software.
    Of course...Most torrent lovers don't realize the risk of using proprietary software illegally. Instead everyone can turn to FOSS and get the best service through them.