Try our "Help Me AI"

Thread: Family vs Studies? Which one holds the priority in the long run?

Status
    Reputed Member

Family vs Studies? Which one holds the priority in the long run?

My friend is the one who's battling with this question. She is a smart girl with great potential. But for the last few months, her performance academically has been in the downfall. She couldn't do her works properly which everyone started noticing. She's from a middle class family as ourselves, but when asked, her answer was that when she goes home, her mother asks her to do most of the chores and since she's the 1st child, when she goes home for study leave she has to take care of her siblings as well.

Actually, my point was the semester and study time is something that would not come back again. Every exam, every assignment has the potential to make us great or push us into the pit. So I asked her to concentrate on her studies more and explain her mother of the situation. But she's hesitant. Everyone's 1st priority is their family. But Education would not be useful if we're not making use of it at present. After she goes to a good stage, she can take care of her mother as much as she likes. But now studies is important than anything else, in my opinion.

What do you think? Am I right in advising her that way?

Status
    When I consider your point family is most impotent to everyone.

Status
    Reputed Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shana View Post
    My friend is the one who's battling with this question. She is a smart girl with great potential. But for the last few months, her performance academically has been in the downfall. She couldn't do her works properly which everyone started noticing. She's from a middle class family as ourselves, but when asked, her answer was that when she goes home, her mother asks her to do most of the chores and since she's the 1st child, when she goes home for study leave she has to take care of her siblings as well.

Actually, my point was the semester and study time is something that would not come back again. Every exam, every assignment has the potential to make us great or push us into the pit. So I asked her to concentrate on her studies more and explain her mother of the situation. But she's hesitant. Everyone's 1st priority is their family. But Education would not be useful if we're not making use of it at present. After she goes to a good stage, she can take care of her mother as much as she likes. But now studies is important than anything else, in my opinion.

In the long run its all about family because after succeeding in our educational life, when we look back we would have lost our family! So FAMILY IS THE FIRST PRIORITY
    Your Last Mistake Is Your Best Teacher

Status
    Reputed Member

Family is the most important one anything, you can survive somehow without proper education too. The situation that you mention above state like the family doesn't get balanced, because we're a part of a family not only the parents mentioned as family. In my home my parents always advise me to focus on studies but that doesn't mean that they didn't care about me. It always great to focus on studies with a support of your family.

Status
    Reputed Member
    Blog Entries

In my point of view family is most important other than everything in the world. But as education can give answers for most of the problems the 1st thing she has to do is doing her studies well. Then one day she will be able to take care of her family other than what she can do now. It's better if you can help her to concentrate more on her studies for the remaining few time to make her future a bright and take care of her family.
    Try to be Dynamic and Independent

Status
    Administrator
    Blog Entries

Family is the first priority For anyone ,But in this case I would say the issue is lack of communication.
    If your friend talk with her mother properly then the problem might be solved.
    You're not going to master the rest of your life in one day. Don't stress. Master the day. Make this a daily reminder.

Status
    Reputed Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shivani View Post
    In the long run its all about family because after succeeding in our educational life, when we look back we would have lost our family! So FAMILY IS THE FIRST PRIORITY
    The major issue is her mother is the sole breadwinner of the family. The economy is a big problem there as I've understood and if my friend doesn't concentrate on her studies, then all will be in vain. The family is important, but the opportunity to study won't come across often. Even in my family, my mother regrets not having continued her higher studies because of her family situation in the past.

She 's a good friend of mine, that is why I had to ask her to have a talk with her mother. In fact, she wouldn't have come to this stage, if not for her mom. But some things have to be done anyway to secure a good future for her family. She could do more if she actually concentrates on her studies. She's doing okay with her responsibilities, but continuing to doing so will not end good for her future.
    Some things are worth sacrificing and I still stand by what my opinion.