Try our "Help Me AI"

Thread: The surge of polythene usage! How would you solve it?

Status
    Reputed Member

The surge of polythene usage! How would you solve it?

Everyday we go shopping for a bottle of shampoo or for a kg of rice. But we come back with polythene bags filled with goods and we throw away those bags after that. Even if we reuse those polythene bags, we can all agree that we have a bag full of polythene bags in our houses. What will be our situation in few years?

Everyday we are accumulating Plastic and Polythene from our houses itself. We speak of environment pollution everyday, but what are we doing to rectify that?
    We speak of green revolution! But how many of us are working on it literally?
    Why do you think we are acting this way? Even though we preach, we don't practice it...Why do you think that is? Any ideas?

Status
    Reputed Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shana View Post
    Everyday we go shopping for a bottle of shampoo or for a kg of rice. But we come back with polythene bags filled with goods and we throw away those bags after that. Even if we reuse those polythene bags, we can all agree that we have a bag full of polythene bags in our houses. What will be our situation in few years?

Everyday we are accumulating Plastic and Polythene from our houses itself. We speak of environment pollution everyday, but what are we doing to rectify that?
    Why do you think we are acting this way? Even though we preach, we don't practice it...Why do you think that is? Any ideas?
    practice for recycling is not given importance in my area. Really I don't know where can I give the polythene wastages for recycling

Status
    Reputed Member

It's one of the major issue that we facing these days, there is so many times polythene has been banned but still we're using it. Positively some are producing polythene bags which is expired with in 10 years. But I don't know how effective it is. People should turn them self to use sub solution for polythene bags.

Status
    Reputed Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Karikaalan View Post
    practice for recycling is not given importance in my area. Really I don't know where can I give the polythene wastages for recycling
    Actually you're right..The recycling situation is practiced in major cities, but not in towns and rural areas. This is something that should be dealt with. Otherwise, the less prominent places will become the plastic landfills.

Status
    Reputed Member
    Quote Originally Posted by assassin View Post
    It's one of the major issue that we facing these days, there is so many times polythene has been banned but still we're using it. Positively some are producing polythene bags which is expired with in 10 years. But I don't know how effective it is. People should turn them self to use sub solution for polythene bags.
    That is the problem, isn't it? Polythene bags are easier for use, so that no one even thinks of replacing them.

Status
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    That is the problem, isn't it? Polythene bags are easier for use, so that no one even thinks of replacing them.
    True this is a major obstacle to reduce polythene usage, We should find an eco-friendly and easy useable alternate for polythene bags.
    You're not going to master the rest of your life in one day. Don't stress. Master the day. Make this a daily reminder.