Try our "Help Me AI"

Thread: How can I improve my PowerPoint presentation Skills?

Status
    Administrator
    Blog Entries

How can I improve my PowerPoint presentation Skills?

Hello Friends,

I have been doing presentations very often recently, and I have no problem admitting that it's though.
    I have easily get nervous and I have a breathing problem while continuously speaking.I want to control my breathing problem and develop my presentation skills.

Can you guys tell me some hacks to excel my presentation skills?

Thank You!
    You're not going to master the rest of your life in one day. Don't stress. Master the day. Make this a daily reminder.

Status
    Reputed Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhavya View Post
    Hello Friends,

I have been doing presentations very often recently, and I have no problem admitting that it's though.
    I have easily get nervous and I have a breathing problem while continuously speaking.I want to control my breathing problem and develop my presentation skills.

Thank You!
    The presentation skills and the communication skills are some kind of skills where people should have. Some people get them as inborn talents but some have to get adopted to that. It seems that you have to get adopted to that.
    In my point of view if you are good enough with the language you are doing the presentation you don't want to get nervous. Although If you feel nervous be prepared for that standing in front of a mirror. Practise and practise and practise before the presentation. While you do presentations in that way you will get matured in that with the time.
    So don't be nervous look at the audience with a small smile.🙂 😃

Status
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorraine View Post
    The presentation skills and the communication skills are some kind of skills where people should have. Some people get them as inborn talents but some have to get adopted to that. It seems that you have to get adopted to that.
    In my point of view if you are good enough with the language you are doing the presentation you don't want to get nervous. Although If you feel nervous be prepared for that standing in front of a mirror. Practise and practise and practise before the presentation. While you do presentations in that way you will get matured in that with the time.
    So don't be nervous look at the audience with a small smile. 
    Thank you so much for your advice Lorraine, As you said I need more practice,I hope with practice one day I will excel in this skill.
    You're not going to master the rest of your life in one day. Don't stress. Master the day. Make this a daily reminder.

Status
    Reputed Member
    Blog Entries
    Thank you so much for your advice Lorraine, As you said I need more practice,I hope with practice one day I will excel in this skill.
    Of course, It is not a difficult task. Make sure to practice in front of a mirror. Follow these steps,
    1.Plan
    2. Prepare
    3. Practice
    4.Present
    Try to be Dynamic and Independent

Status
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorraine View Post
    Of course, It is not a difficult task. Make sure to practice in front of a mirror. Follow these steps,
    1.Plan
    2. Prepare
    3. Practice
    4.Present
    Thank you for your tips Lorraine , Sure I will follow them.

Status
    Reputed Member
    Hello Friends,

Thank You!
    I've had some experience in public speaking, so I guess it'll be useful for you. First of all, choose a person with whom you're confident with. Someone who doesn't make you nervous and someone who doesn't distract you by making fun of you should be your sole audience. Imagine it that way. Choose a person and concentrate on their face all the time. that helps.

Next, eat something before you present. It helps me. I admit I had hyperventilation problem because of my nervousness in presenting. But I got over it by trusting myself and stuffing my mouth with foods.

And next, Imagine that your audience knows nothing of what you're saying. They are getting to know all the stuff through you and imagine that they'll believe whatever stuff you say at the presentation. They know NOTHING and you know everything! That's my mantra.

Present it like you'd explain it to a baby. That should ease your breathing problem. Take it slow and easy. Take a pause between each sentence. Enunciate each word. Emphasize it. It'll flow down.

And avoid looking at people who intimidate you. just forget about them. They're babies! Remember that!

Status
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shana View Post
    I've had some experience in public speaking, so I guess it'll be useful for you. First of all, choose a person with whom you're confident with. Someone who doesn't make you nervous and someone who doesn't distract you by making fun of you should be your sole audience. Imagine it that way. Choose a person and concentrate on their face all the time. that helps.

Next, eat something before you present. It helps me. I admit I had hyperventilation problem because of my nervousness in presenting. But I got over it by trusting myself and stuffing my mouth with foods.

And next, Imagine that your audience knows nothing of what you're saying. They are getting to know all the stuff through you and imagine that they'll believe whatever stuff you say at the presentation. They know NOTHING and you know everything! That's my mantra.

Present it like you'd explain it to a baby. That should ease your breathing problem. Take it slow and easy. Take a pause between each sentence. Enunciate each word. Emphasize it. It'll flow down.

And avoid looking at people who intimidate you. just forget about them. They're babies! Remember that!
    Thank you so very much for these wonderful tips, It's really helpful, once again thank you so much

Status
    Reputed Member
    Thank you so very much for these wonderful tips, It's really helpful, once again thank you so much
    No need to thank me. I had severe stage fear and I usually tend to talk fast. So announcing on a stage was a challenge. I had to learn and imitate other expert announcers' style for some time to gain confidence. And then I started firing away with my own style.
    Copying one's style would be useful to ease your nerves. Just do it with their permission.
    When you do it often, you won't need to prepare at all at some point. It'll become a second nature to you.

Status
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shana View Post
    No need to thank me. I had severe stage fear and I usually tend to talk fast. So announcing on a stage was a challenge. I had to learn and imitate other expert announcers' style for some time to gain confidence. And then I started firing away with my own style.
    Copying one's style would be useful to ease your nerves. Just do it with their permission.
    When you do it often, you won't need to prepare at all at some point. It'll become a second nature to you.
    Agree, With practice we can make it as our habit/nature.I have full hope one day i will be excel in this skill.