Try our "Help Me AI"
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Importance of Learning in Native Language

Status
    Reputed Member

Importance of Learning in Native Language

There is so many people who motivate their kids to learn in english medium schools. Sometimes it may help them to follow their higher studies but I have seen some of my colleges loose their grades because of language. In Japan they motivate to learn higher studies in their own language. English turned as a measuring factor of Knowledge now. Share your thoughts about it!

Status
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by assassin View Post
    There is so many people who motivate their kids to learn in english medium schools. Sometimes it may help them to follow their higher studies but I have seen some of my colleges loose their grades because of language. In Japan they motivate to learn higher studies in their own language. English turned as a measuring factor of Knowledge now. Share your thoughts about it!
    We are studying our higher studies in English because it's a international common language So it will be helpful for our career.
    You're not going to master the rest of your life in one day. Don't stress. Master the day. Make this a daily reminder.

Status
    Reputed Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhavya View Post
    We are studying our higher studies in English because it's a international common language So it will be helpful for our career.
    Yes it is but I'm asking if you really wish to know much more about a subject that do you really willing know, still do you choose to learn in English or by a language that make you feel comfortable ?

Status
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Yes it is but I'm asking if you really wish to know much more about a subject that do you really willing know, still do you choose to learn in English or by a language that make you feel comfortable ?
    It's depend on the subjects, If I choose literature I will go for my native language.On the other hand If I choose science or technology related subject I will prefer to learn them in English.Because it will be easy to understand the terms.
    You're not going to master the rest of your life in one day. Don't stress. Master the day. Make this a daily reminder.

Status
    Reputed Member
    It's depend on the subjects, If I choose literature I will go for my native language.On the other hand If I choose science or technology related subject I will prefer to learn them in English.Because it will be easy to understand the terms.
    That's fine my concern is to tell the technical terms in English is fine but learn the concept in their native language will improve their skill.

Status
    Reputed Member
    There is so many people who motivate their kids to learn in English medium schools. Sometimes it may help them to follow their higher studies but I have seen some of my colleges loose their grades because of language. In Japan they motivate to learn higher studies in their own language. English turned as a measuring factor of Knowledge now. Share your thoughts about it!
    English is now the international language and it is a must factor that every child is aware of the language at least up to a level. That doesn't mean we've got to forgo our mother tongue and embrace a foreign language. If we wish to survive, English has become a vital component. So there's no wrong in learning English, without forgetting our native language.

Status
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    That's fine my concern is to tell the technical terms in English is fine but learn the concept in their native language will improve their skill.
    Why are you thinking that we can't develop our skill by learning in english? IF we could understand the language clearly we can develop our skill through it as well.Our mother tongue is our identity That doesn't mean we cant learn from other languages.

Status
    Reputed Member
    Why are you thinking that we can't develop our skill by learning in english? IF we could understand the language clearly we can develop our skill through it as well.Our mother tongue is our identity That doesn't mean we cant learn from other languages.
    Yes I agree with you, I didn't say we can't improve knowledge through other language. I'm talking about the people who can't understand it. They also wish to know about technolgy, for example I have seen some of my colleagues getting good grades in practical but low grades on theory because of this language barrier. So that doesn't mean that they are not talented. I need a better solution for that!

Status
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Yes I agree with you, I didn't say we can't improve knowledge through other language. I'm talking about the people who can't understand it. They also wish to know about technolgy, for example I have seen some of my colleagues getting good grades in practical but low grades on theory because of this language barrier. So that doesn't mean that they are not talented. I need a better solution for that!
    Your concern is right, Our government only give solution to this by allowing students to study in native language in their university,But English now become a business Language if they study in native language in university they definitely struggle in their career.So I would suggest it's better to improve their english knowledge It will be helpful their studies and career.As a friend you can help them to increase their english knowledge.

Status
    Reputed Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shana View Post
    English is now the international language and it is a must factor that every child is aware of the language at least up to a level. That doesn't mean we've got to forgo our mother tongue and embrace a foreign language. If we wish to survive, English has become a vital component. So there's no wrong in learning English, without forgetting our native language.
    Well said Shana!. We should give our priority to our mother tongue..🙌

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast