Try our "Help Me AI"

Thread: How Can You Recognize If A Person Is Depressed Or Not?

Status
    Reputed Member
    Blog Entries

How Can You Recognize If A Person Is Depressed Or Not?

Hi Guys!

Depression is one of the serious mental health issue happening these days! I've seen people in the depression they won't be even able to talk and express themselves with anyone even their own family, I've seen them just sitting at one place and not talking to anybody around them.

I guess it should be the face that makes us recognize if a person is depressed or not especially their eyes!

I would like to raise a question here, How can you find out whether a person is depressed or not, is it his/her eyes that would reflect their depression to their outside world or is it their behavior?

Depression kills people within!

Your Last Mistake Is Your Best Teacher

Status
    Reputed Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shivani View Post
    Hi Guys!

Depression is one of the serious mental health issue happening these days! I've seen people in the depression they won't be even able to talk and express themselves with anyone even their own family, I've seen them just sitting at one place and not talking to anybody around them.

I guess it should be the face that makes us recognize if a person is depressed or not especially their eyes!

I would like to raise a question here, How can you find out whether a person is depressed or not, is it his/her eyes that would reflect their depression to their outside world or is it their behavior?

I don't think that with the eyes it can be easily identified. But if the behaviour changes in the following aspects of a person they can be easily identified. These types of qualities can be easily identified for a person who is very much close to him/her.
    1. Changes in the sleeping pattern- Sometimes the depressed person may tend to sleep more or sleepless and show difficulties in sleeping. That can be identified because a depressed person is not showing a normal sleeping pattern.
    2. Loss of interest in the things that they previously pleasured.
    3. A depressed person struggles to get through the day. Ordinary obstacles and challenges become more difficult and can lead to frustration and the feelings that go along with that.
    4. Changes in the eating pattern- Eat too much or too less
    5. Expressing of negative thoughts-Through social media also this can be identified they publish posts with negative ideas.
    If your loved ones or a friend closer to you showing these kind of qualities keep your eye on him/her.
    Try to be Dynamic and Independent

Status
    Reputed Member
    Hi Guys!

I don't have a lot of experience with depressed people. But when I'm stressed out, I can't sleep at night. And I've heard that depressed people would not share their problems easily. They are the ones who are jolly outside. They don't like looking sad and earning sympathy, so they hide their emotions inside for a long time, leading to depression.

They might also have mood swings... They might get too angry for no valid reason and they get irritated easily when they're depressed. That's all I know about this.

Status
    Reputed Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorraine View Post
    I don't think that with the eyes it can be easily identified. But if the behaviour changes in the following aspects of a person they can be easily identified. These types of qualities can be easily identified for a person who is very much close to him/her.
    1. Changes in the sleeping pattern- Sometimes the depressed person may tend to sleep more or sleepless and show difficulties in sleeping. That can be identified because a depressed person is not showing a normal sleeping pattern.
    2. Loss of interest in the things that they previously pleasured.
    3. A depressed person struggles to get through the day. Ordinary obstacles and challenges become more difficult and can lead to frustration and the feelings that go along with that.
    4. Changes in the eating pattern- Eat too much or too less
    5. Expressing of negative thoughts-Through social media also this can be identified they publish posts with negative ideas.
    If your loved ones or a friend closer to you showing these kind of qualities keep your eye on him/her.
    Thanks so much for the points you have shared, Eating too much is also a symptom for depression? Then lol I should think about this as well.

Status
    Reputed Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shana View Post
    I don't have a lot of experience with depressed people. But when I'm stressed out, I can't sleep at night. And I've heard that depressed people would not share their problems easily. They are the ones who are jolly outside. They don't like looking sad and earning sympathy, so they hide their emotions inside for a long time, leading to depression.

They might also have mood swings... They might get too angry for no valid reason and they get irritated easily when they're depressed. That's all I know about this.
    Yeah, the facts you mentioned up there are kinda true, I have an uncle who is into serious depression, he even attempted suicide. I saw all these symptoms in him!

Status
    Reputed Member
    Yeah, the facts you mentioned up there are kinda true, I have an uncle who is into serious depression, he even attempted suicide. I saw all these symptoms in him!
    That's sad. Hope you knew what was pressing his mind all those time. And if has help now, then he should be fine. Depression is a slow poison. I guess men get depressed often because they are brought up saying Boys shouldn't cry. That could be the reason for the bottled up feelings.

Status
    Reputed Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shana View Post
    That's sad. Hope you knew what was pressing his mind all those time. And if has help now, then he should be fine. Depression is a slow poison. I guess men get depressed often because they are brought up saying Boys shouldn't cry. That could be the reason for the bottled up feelings.
    Yeah it was because of his divorce. I never saw him cry, true that men get depressed easily since they were raised with a myth not to show themselves as being a weak person to the outside world!

Status
    Reputed Member
    Yeah it was because of his divorce. I never saw him cry, true that men get depressed easily since they were raised with a myth not to show themselves as being a weak person to the outside world!
    exactly....Men shut the world out in fear of being judged. This way i feel bad for them.

Status
    Reputed Member
    Hi Guys!

great topic discuss with us .

Today not only older but also younger have depressed .this make any reasons such
    society Or their family .
    depression is serious illness. so how do you spot depression ? Besides persistent feelings
    of sadness ,signs may include:
    difficulty sleeping or sleeping more than usual.
    changes the appetite.
    withdrawal from the social interaction.
    loss of internet in things that used to be pleasurable .
    lack of energy ,difficulty concentrating OR remembering things .
    feeling worthless & helpless.

And how can help for depression people ?Here are some tips.
    Educate yourself about depression other Disorder .
    Ask for questions & Dig for the root cause .
    Help them identify & cope with sources of stress
    Encourage them to seek out a support group
    Remind them that they're incredibly strong
    Make them smile,because laughter helps and heals .

Status
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Moana View Post
    Hi Guys!

Depressed people prefer to be alone, they have difficulty to fall asleep, they can't concentrate on things, have very little memory power, they won't be on a stable mood , they get anxious when they are in social or public places and they have high suicidal tendency.
    You're not going to master the rest of your life in one day. Don't stress. Master the day. Make this a daily reminder.