Try our "Help Me AI"

Thread: How do you handle arguments with your friends and colleagues?

Status
    Administrator
    Blog Entries

How do you handle arguments with your friends and colleagues?

Hello Friends,

Sometimes discussion between friends/colleagues leads to unwanted arguments.
    Because of different kind of opinions or mindset.

Do you guys ever experienced this?

How do you handle arguments with your Friends/colleagues?
    You're not going to master the rest of your life in one day. Don't stress. Master the day. Make this a daily reminder.

Status
    Reputed Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhavya View Post
    Hello Friends,

Yeah... I don't back off from an argument because I don't like to be dominated by bullies. When I actually argue, I make sure I'm on the right side. If my point is proven wrong, I accept that I was wrong and I say sorry asap.
    But if the one is making an argument on a false thing just for the sake of arguing and to see me try to defend myself, I do not back off. I give them back enough to make them run away licking their wounds. I have colleagues who think they're superior to everyone and they can do anything to make others suffer just by talking itself. My close friends do this within our circle which I consider harmless. But some do it on purpose in public to see others humiliated. Those I don't tolerate. I hit them where it hurts and I feel bad doing that. But my self-respect is much more important than being around bullies who call themselves my friend.

Status
    Reputed Member
    Hello Friends,

Why we meet unwanted arguments from the colleagues/friends ?this make strong reason is everyone have different opinions.
    So, some of the tricks helps how to handle with it
    Don't Gossip About the Arguments
    Address the conflicts sooner rather than later.
    Discuss the problem face to face .
    Try to find the common ground .
    Keep an open mind and listen .
    When it's your turn to talk ,stay calm

Status
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shana View Post
    Yeah... I don't back off from an argument because I don't like to be dominated by bullies. When I actually argue, I make sure I'm on the right side. If my point is proven wrong, I accept that I was wrong and I say sorry asap.
    But if the one is making an argument on a false thing just for the sake of arguing and to see me try to defend myself, I do not back off. I give them back enough to make them run away licking their wounds. I have colleagues who think they're superior to everyone and they can do anything to make others suffer just by talking itself. My close friends do this within our circle which I consider harmless. But some do it on purpose in public to see others humiliated. Those I don't tolerate. I hit them where it hurts and I feel bad doing that. But my self-respect is much more important than being around bullies who call themselves my friend.
    Agree I used to argue when I am in the right side,Me also feel self respect is more important,But sometime I felt arguing with people may look immature,So i want to avoid it as much as posssible
    You're not going to master the rest of your life in one day. Don't stress. Master the day. Make this a daily reminder.

Status
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Why we meet unwanted arguments from the colleagues/friends ?this make strong reason is everyone have different opinions.
    So, some of the tricks helps how to handle with it
    Don't Gossip About the Arguments
    Address the conflicts sooner rather than later.
    Discuss the problem face to face .
    Try to find the common ground .
    Keep an open mind and listen .
    When it's your turn to talk ,stay calm
    Much needed tips for me, Thanks for sharing Wondergirl

Status
    Reputed Member
    Blog Entries
    Hello Friends,

Hi, At the university when being with different kind of friends from different sides I have faced this problem for so many times. For me what I normally do is if it is difficult to explain the things to them I am in the habit of being silence without too much of arguments.
    I think silence is the best answer.

Status
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorraine View Post
    Hi, At the university when being with different kind of friends from different sides I have faced this problem for so many times. For me what I normally do is if it is difficult to explain the things to them I am in the habit of being silence without too much of arguments.
    I think silence is the best answer.
    Yeah silence is the best answer,But sometimes it's misinterpret as rudeness, That's why I am so confused how to handle the situation.

Status
    Reputed Member
    Hello Friends,

Yes, I have experienced it often. Arguments can differ according to person. Some argue for pointless things just to prove them right. But some argue to get a solution or explanation for an issue. However, the way you react and deliver your side views and the way opposite does is important in an argument. Most arguments end up misunderstandings and fights because of the way/tone you use to express the views. Try to express your views according to persons. If you feel you are done with an argument and still opposite doesn't get it, then leave it silently.
    Let's be the change

Status
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Yes, I have experienced it often. Arguments can differ according to person. Some argue for pointless things just to prove them right.
    Yeah,I experienced it many times

But some argue to get a solution or explanation for an issue.However, the way you react and deliver your side views and the way opposite does is important in an argument. Most arguments end up misunderstandings and fights because of the way/tone you use to express the views. Try to express your views according to persons. If you feel you are done with an argument and still opposite doesn't get it, then leave it silently.
    Yeah agree, the way/tone of expressing our views play a important role in arguments.True silence is the best way to avoid arguments.