Try our "Help Me AI"
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why do Tamil students refuse to apply for Universities in Tamil region?

Status
    Reputed Member

Question Why do Tamil students refuse to apply for Universities in Tamil region?

After Advanced Level results, the University High Commission selects students for the Universities according to the Z-score, and students have given the chance of prioritizing the Universities according to their wish for the relevant course. Most Tamil students don't want to choose universities in Tamil region. Those universities are their least choice. While many Sinhala students apply for the Tamil regions. I think the reason may be the students want to experience a new environment where you can learn things like the Sinhala language and etc.

What do you think about this matter? What are the other reasons Tamil students don't wanna choose Tamil universities
    Let's be the change

Status
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Adiza View Post
    After Advanced Level results, the University High Commission selects students for the Universities according to the Z-score, and students have given the chance of prioritizing the Universities according to their wish for the relevant course. Most Tamil students don't want to choose universities in Tamil region. Those universities are their least choice. While many Sinhala students apply for the Tamil regions. I think the reason may be the students want to experience a new environment where you can learn things like the Sinhala language and etc.

What do you think about this matter? What are the other reasons Tamil students don't wanna choose Tamil universities

Other than learning new language,They can also learn to be independent and confidence when they start to live in a new environment.
    You're not going to master the rest of your life in one day. Don't stress. Master the day. Make this a daily reminder.

Status
    Reputed Member

To get out of their comfort zone, I guess. Everyone says that uni experience teaches what life is. So that experience would be much efficient when we actually struggle and start afresh in a new place, new language, and environment.

Status
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shana View Post
    To get out of their comfort zone, I guess. Everyone says that uni experience teaches what life is. So that experience would be much efficient when we actually struggle and start afresh in a new place, new language, and environment.
    Totally agree with you.Struggles and hardships make us more strong.So when we choose to live in a totally different environment from our native place it will give us plenty of chance to learn and do things by our own which will make us more independent and strong.
    You're not going to master the rest of your life in one day. Don't stress. Master the day. Make this a daily reminder.

Status
    Reputed Member

Living the same life is boring .. people want to experience new things. Curiosity always pull us to the things far away from us, to new place, new culture , new girls from new culture to flirt and new friends.

Status
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Karikaalan View Post
    Living the same life is boring .. people want to experience new things. Curiosity always pull us to the things far away from us, to new place, new culture , new girls from new culture to flirt and new friends.
    I appreciate your Honesty Brother,Hope you are enjoying your uni life.

Status
    Reputed Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhavya View Post
    I appreciate your Honesty Brother,Hope you are enjoying your uni life.
    I don't go to University much . So I don't get to enjoy much Bhavya ..😞😞😞😞

Status
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    I don't go to University much . So I don't get to enjoy much Bhavya ..
    Then you must be enjoying the life outside the university much more. Am I Correct?

Status
    Reputed Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhavya View Post
    Then you must be enjoying the life outside the university much more. Am I Correct?
    Yes .. to a certain extent... But i have so many restrictions to myself in this case

Status
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Yes .. to a certain extent... But i have so many restrictions to myself in this case
    Would you like to share those restrictions with us?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast