Try our "Help Me AI"
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are the challenges for a girl in a travelling?

Status
    Reputed Member

What are the challenges for a girl in a travelling?

I could clearly see that travelling is a big issue for girls in our country. Abuses , lack of sanitary facilities and family restrictions.
    This is not just about traveling. For a girl full of dreams about her career travelling is so essential .
    What are the other challenges commonly faced by girls in travelling and how could our soceity overcome this?

Status
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Karikaalan View Post
    I could clearly see that travelling is a big issue for girls in our country. Abuses , lack of sanitary facilities and family restrictions.
    This is not just about traveling. For a girl full of dreams about her career travelling is so essential .
    What are the other challenges commonly faced by girls in travelling and how could our soceity overcome this?
    As you mention Abuses, lack of sanitary ,family restrictions are the main issues we faced while traveling other than this robbery,lack of safety also the issues we faced while traveling.
    You're not going to master the rest of your life in one day. Don't stress. Master the day. Make this a daily reminder.

Status
    Blog Entries
    In my experience the major issue come in night travellings is trouble from opposite gender who sit or stand near to me.
    Mostly i have a little knife with me so if trouble goes over i can use it like scratch or something little.if you afraid to do like this violence then another idea is wear big sweater that make proper distance.

Status
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    wear big sweater that make proper distance.
    It's a great idea, thanks for sharing this useful idea here.
    You're not going to master the rest of your life in one day. Don't stress. Master the day. Make this a daily reminder.

Status
    Reputed Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    In my experience the major issue come in night travellings is trouble from opposite gender who sit or stand near to me.
    Mostly i have a little knife with me so if trouble goes over i can use it like scratch or something little.if you afraid to do like this violence then another idea is wear big sweater that make proper distance.
    You bring knife?? What if the person get angry and do something worse??? You are brave.

Status
    Reputed Member
    Sanitary facility gives the bigger challenge. When I'm faced with this, tbh I've often wished to have been born a boy for this matter.
    Physical challenge-Women have to go through painful cramps and bleeding for few days each month, even when the situation compels them to travel.
    Shameless stares from opposite sex- When a girl happens to travel at night, she gets her fair amount of stares. These are not just stares, but feel like the whole body is being scanned and measured. So women should always bring a shawl to cover themselves when sleeping, or otherwise the girl becomes the eyecandy for the men around her.
    Judgement- Judging advice from strangers who preach you on and on about how it's unsafe for a girl to travel alone and so on.
    Overly nosy strangers(men and women)-they start asking personal questions and who knows for what purpose they're gonna use it to.

Status
    Reputed Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shana View Post
    Sanitary facility gives the bigger challenge. When I'm faced with this, tbh I've often wished to have been born a boy for this matter.
    Physical challenge-Women have to go through painful cramps and bleeding for few days each month, even when the situation compels them to travel.
    Shameless stares from opposite sex- When a girl happens to travel at night, she gets her fair amount of stares. These are not just stares, but feel like the whole body is being scanned and measured. So women should always bring a shawl to cover themselves when sleeping, or otherwise the girl becomes the eyecandy for the men around her.
    Judgement- Judging advice from strangers who preach you on and on about how it's unsafe for a girl to travel alone and so on.
    Overly nosy strangers(men and women)-they start asking personal questions and who knows for what purpose they're gonna use it to.
    Its great to know these things from a girl point of view.. I understand that how much difficult to be a girl.

Status
    Reputed Member
    Its great to know these things from a girl point of view.. I understand that how much difficult to be a girl.
    It is a bit tough... But I just want to know one thing.
    If a girl sits alone, why do the men take it as a kind of invitation to start up a conversation? Just sitting alone and minding our own business is almost impossible for girls, because one way or other a man will present himself to her... Why is that?.

Status
    Reputed Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shana View Post
    It is a bit tough... But I just want to know one thing.
    If a girl sits alone, why do the men take it as a kind of invitation to start up a conversation? Just sitting alone and minding our own business is almost impossible for girls, because one way or other a man will present himself to her... Why is that?.
    Simply the attraction towards the opposite sex plays here. It's a kind of flirt , may be. If girls could explain their problems, boys will understand for sure.

Status
    Reputed Member
    Simply the attraction towards the opposite sex plays here. It's a kind of flirt , may be. If girls could explain their problems, boys will understand for sure.
    Really? Doesn't sound practical! No boy leaves a girl alone unless she presents some kind of threat... otherwise, they take the opposition as a playing hard to get tactic.
    Do you deny it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast