Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: What is something you hate doing that society expects you to do?

  1. #11
    Status
    Offline
    Shana's Avatar
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    710
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhavya View Post
    They want you to behave like a typical girl, But tell them you're not typical you are a unique and extraordinary girl, Whatever the society say be yourself , One day they will realize you are best the way you are.



    Haha,I am going through this situation,It's really irritating till now my mom saying these thing to me.
    Lol! I'm tired of telling them. Even if my mother accepts me, my relatives won't. They are the ones who accuse my mother of not bringing me up properly as a good girl. That is enough for my mother to question the fact of me being me.

  2. #12
    Status
    Offline
    Shana's Avatar
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    710
    Quote Originally Posted by Shivani View Post
    yeah, some of my freds face the same problem, they are being mistaken as being tomboish
    Wanna know who invented the term "tomboy"! Really? Can't a girl be herself without being labelled as something every time? First of all, people should be made aware of how "boys" and "girls" are basically born "human".

  3. #13
    Status
    Offline
    Bhavya's Avatar
    Reputed Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Vavuniya, Srilanka
    Posts
    1,554
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Shana View Post
    Lol! I'm tired of telling them. Even if my mother accepts me, my relatives won't. They are the ones who accuse my mother of not bringing me up properly as a good girl. That is enough for my mother to question the fact of me being me.
    What to do this the sad reality of society,Relatives means trouble makers
    You're not going to master the rest of your life in one day.Don't stress.Master the day.Make this a daily reminder.

  4. #14
    Status
    Offline
    Shana's Avatar
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    710
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhavya View Post
    What to do this the sad reality of society,Relatives means trouble makers
    It's fine if they are troublemakers... What to do if they talk behind my back? I just grew a thick skin for those people and I don't pay any attention to them.

  5. #15
    Status
    Offline
    Bhavya's Avatar
    Reputed Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Vavuniya, Srilanka
    Posts
    1,554
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Shana View Post
    It's fine if they are troublemakers... What to do if they talk behind my back? I just grew a thick skin for those people and I don't pay any attention to them.
    Yeah ignorance is the best option, We can't stop them from "backbiting", So for our own good we should ignore those people.
    You're not going to master the rest of your life in one day.Don't stress.Master the day.Make this a daily reminder.

  6. #16
    Status
    Offline
    Lorraine's Avatar
    Reputed Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    392
    Blog Entries
    1
    I hate for people treating for girls and boys in two different ways.
    So in our home my brother have the permission to travel overnight with friends an because of a girl I have to be home by 6 p.m.
    I like to walk with friends at night. But because of that I never got that chnace.
    Try to be Dynamic and Independent

  7. #17
    Status
    Offline
    Bhavya's Avatar
    Reputed Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Vavuniya, Srilanka
    Posts
    1,554
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorraine View Post
    I hate for people treating for girls and boys in two different ways.
    So in our home my brother have the permission to travel overnight with friends an because of a girl I have to be home by 6 p.m.
    I like to walk with friends at night. But because of that I never got that chnace.
    In our country ,Most of the family have this restriction for girls,our parents should understand we girls also should have same freedom like boys.
    You're not going to master the rest of your life in one day.Don't stress.Master the day.Make this a daily reminder.

  8. #18
    Status
    Online
    Moana's Avatar
    Reputed Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Vavuniya Srilanka
    Posts
    1,386
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhavya View Post
    In our country ,Most of the family have this restriction for girls,our parents should understand we girls also should have same freedom like boys.
    Your point does make sense, but have a question for you! Why do you really think parents are restricting limiting our freedom, it is because they care for us. What would really happen once if we're granted to have freedom like boys?
    Maybe we should think from a parent's perspective as well, this is how I feel.
    Your Last Mistake Is Your Best Teacher

  9. #19
    Status
    Offline
    Bhavya's Avatar
    Reputed Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Vavuniya, Srilanka
    Posts
    1,554
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Moana View Post
    Your point does make sense, but have a question for you! Why do you really think parents are restricting limiting our freedom, it is because they care for us. What would really happen once if we're granted to have freedom like boys?
    Maybe we should think from a parent's perspective as well, this is how I feel.
    If our parents have full trust in us they will give us the freedom. It's in our hand as well we have to make them to trust us.
    You're not going to master the rest of your life in one day.Don't stress.Master the day.Make this a daily reminder.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Who We Are

The Hub Sri Lanka is an online community portal for all the Sri Lankan digital Citizen's to enthusiastically learn and connect with the society by enormously increasing their knowledge and careers through an extensive collaborative marketplace.

Join us
RSS RSS 2.0 XML MAP HTML