Try our "Help Me AI"
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you use sleep to be an escaping mechanism?

Status
    Reputed Member

Do you use sleep to be an escaping mechanism?

For me, Sleep has been a remedy for stressful or over-emotional situations. Whether I'm too sad or too happy, I sleep. It gives me some time to take analyze the situation and control my emotions for the moment. It has almost become my instinct now!

How many of you do that? Does it have any bad effects? How effective is it? Let me know your thoughts!

Status
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shana View Post
    For me, Sleep has been a remedy for stressful or over-emotional situations. Whether I'm too sad or too happy, I sleep. It gives me some time to take analyze the situation and control my emotions for the moment. It has almost become my instinct now!

How many of you do that? Does it have any bad effects? How effective is it? Let me know your thoughts!
    I myself do this often,As you said it's a best stress relief, Till now I get positive impact from it.
    After my sleep I feel relax which help me too find a solution for my problems.
    You're not going to master the rest of your life in one day. Don't stress. Master the day. Make this a daily reminder.

Status
    Reputed Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhavya View Post
    I myself do this often,As you said it's a best stress relief, Till now I get positive impact from it.
    Exactly! Sleep is a reliever. But don't you think that sleep might get you addicted to it?
    Sometimes, I find it hard to get up from bed by too much stress sleeping. Isn't that a bad thing?

Status
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Exactly! Sleep is a reliever. But don't you think that sleep might get you addicted to it?
    Sometimes, I find it hard to get up from bed by too much stress sleeping. Isn't that a bad thing?
    Yeah,I felt the same when I am in too much stress, I think our body need that much sleep to recover from the stress.
    You're not going to master the rest of your life in one day. Don't stress. Master the day. Make this a daily reminder.

Status
    Reputed Member
    Yeah,I felt the same when I am in too much stress, I think our body need that much sleep to recover from the stress.
    Makes sense, But some times, I get addicted to sleep and even if I'm not stressed my mind forces me to sleep.

Status
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Makes sense, But some times, I get addicted to sleep and even if I'm not stressed my mind forces me to sleep.
    understandable,DO some physical activities when you feel sleepy then you will overcome the sleepiness,Do it regularly for a week then you can successfully overcome your sleep addiction.

Status
    Reputed Member
    Blog Entries

I do the same, whenever I feel alone I go get myself hours of sleep. That makes me feel alright!
    Your Last Mistake Is Your Best Teacher

Status
    Reputed Member
    Blog Entries
    That's true sleep causes a positive impact on our mind which freshens up our mind!

Status
    Reputed Member
    Blog Entries
    understandable,DO some physical activities when you feel sleepy then you will overcome the sleepiness,Do it regularly for a week then you can successfully overcome your sleep addiction.
    Yea Bhavya can you also tell me some tips to overcome sleepiness when we are bored?

Status
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shivani View Post
    Yea Bhavya can you also tell me some tips to overcome sleepiness when we are bored?
    Hi Shivani, Do some fun or interesting activities when you feel bored then can kill the boredom and sleepiness at the same time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast