Every bus travel I take to go to my university or attend a meet up,involves some random guy sitting next to me, asking me uncomfortable, personal questions or sitting or standing REAL too close to me. And I'm a girl of modern era and I understand that accidental touches happen. But as a girl, I know which is accidental and which is not. Every time I travel, I prepare myself for these kinda creeps and all I can do is politely ask the person to move away or alerting the conductor or I move away from that place and find another seat.
Gobi, yes totally true! The same is with me I travel every weekend to Jaffna and i'm almost completing my studies I go through the same problems just like you go through. but what I do to be honest is once the person crosses his limits I either shout at him to get up and go away so that he would get humiliated ( only when I loose my patience) or poke him with a pin or ark then automatically he starts walking away!

Only way we could solve this is by respecting the victims rather than treating them as criminals. Mostly even I'm scared to make a fuss, when someone crosses the limit, because I'm worried that people would judge me. Life is too testy for women already and these creeps only make it worse.
Agreed! my mother has advised me several times not to do so because she gets scared whether those predators would notice me and abuse me later on! (As a parent she is right) And there are some guys who come behind me asking for mobile numbers I've even warned them that I would complain this to the police straight looking at their faces( This might not be a physical abuse but it is definitely a mental one) This has even caused a lot of problems for me in my family, all they did was misunderstand me!! And I'm not ashamed to share this because all girls are being abused both mentally and physically everyday in their life.