Try our "Help Me AI"
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why are women prohibited from entering temples in their menstruation cycle?

Status
    Reputed Member

Why are women prohibited from entering temples in their menstruation cycle?

In many cultures, we have goddesses and we pray them.
    But when it comes to reality, women are treated like crap and even they are prohibited from entering temples during the menstrual cycle. What kind of rule is that?
    A natural mechanism involved in giving birth is happening and we have prohibited women from entering temples where women are worshipped.
    Why do we have this partiality?

Status
    Reputed Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shana View Post
    But when it comes to reality, women are treated like crap and even they are prohibited from entering temples during the menstrual cycle. What kind of rule is that?
    A natural mechanism involved in giving birth is happening and we have prohibited women from entering temples where women are worshipped.
    Many things have much more to it than what meets the untrained human eye that is often clouded by delusions. To me, it is a tradition.
    Your Last Mistake Is Your Best Teacher

Status
    Reputed Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shivani View Post
    Many things have much more to it than what meets the untrained human eye that is often clouded by delusions. To me, it is a tradition.
    So just calling it a tradition would make it justified? What about common reasoning?

Status
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    I would say there is a scientific reason behind it.Our body energy during menstruation goes downwards into earth (negative),In holy places the energy going upwards (positive).So if we visit holy places during these days it can bring discomfort in our body. Thats why our elders prohibited it. For more clear knowledge watch this below video.

You're not going to master the rest of your life in one day. Don't stress. Master the day. Make this a daily reminder.

Status
    Reputed Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhavya View Post
    I would say there is a scientific reason behind it.Our body energy during menstruation goes downwards into earth (negative),In holy places the energy going upwards (positive).So if we visit holy places during these days it can bring discomfort in our body. Thats why our elders prohibited it. For more clear knowledge watch this below video.

Every cultural norm is depending on a scientific reason. Thank you Bhavya, I think this visual clip is good example to how valuable traditional norms are?

Status
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Every cultural norm is depending on a scientific reason. Thank you Bhavya, I think this visual clip is good example to how valuable traditional norms are?
    You are most welcome wondergirl, you're right after watching this video only i came to know how much our tradition connected with science,Our elders make us to follow the science through our tradition and religion.
    You're not going to master the rest of your life in one day. Don't stress. Master the day. Make this a daily reminder.

Status
    Reputed Member
    This is the most irritating rules I have heard of. When I asked some one about this , they said going in to the temple with bleeding will disturb purity of the temple.whether it is men or women. But my question is how can the cleanliness of the temple will be affected by a natural process that God(as they say it) has given. This is what keeps human kind in the planet earth.

Status
    Reputed Member
    So according to the video, the unsuccessful process of childbirth is a negative energy? Even if it is so, why do other religions allow it, while some don't?
    Isn't it a negative energy in other religious places?

Status
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    So according to the video, the unsuccessful process of childbirth is a negative energy? Even if it is so, why do other religions allow it, while some don't?
    Isn't it a negative energy in other religious places?
    I think most of the religions prohibited women to entering holy places in their period times, One or two religion allowing it,I think in these days women are physically and emotionally weak so may be our elders set this rule to give them much needed rest.

Status
    Reputed Member
    I think most of the religions prohibited women to entering holy places in their period times, One or two religion allowing it,I think in these days women are physically and emotionally weak so may be our elders set this rule to give them much needed rest.
    It is possible that women can be weakened in these times, but shouldn't we ultimately give the choice to the women to decide whether they are feeling weak or strong in that period?
    Why does someone make the decision? Nowadays, women work a LOT harder than in ancient times, and menstruation doesn't stop them. Then why do we follow the century-old saying up until now?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast