Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: What are the family and society pressure you are facing as a girl?

  1. #1
    Status
    Offline
    Bhavya's Avatar
    Reputed Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Vavuniya, Srilanka
    Posts
    1,554
    Blog Entries
    7

    What are the family and society pressure you are facing as a girl?

    In my own family I am always pressurized to behave according to their expectation. My mom always told me to not to fall in love or be friend with boys. But when my cousin sister fall in love, she didn't oppose it and said she can because she is a medical student and she is loving a medical student so it's acceptable. However now also she is saying that I can't fall in love with someone. She think If I love someone society will talk bad about me because my father is no more in this world.

    Why this society and familes putting so much restrictions to girls specially for fatherless girls?

    What kind of family and society pressure you are facing as a girl?
    You're not going to master the rest of your life in one day.Don't stress.Master the day.Make this a daily reminder.

  2. #2
    Status
    Offline
    Moana's Avatar
    Reputed Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Vavuniya Srilanka
    Posts
    1,386
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhavya View Post
    In my own family I am always pressurized to behave according to their expectation. My mom always told me to not to fall in love or be friend with boys. But when my cousin sister fall in love, she didn't oppose it and said she can because she is a medical student and she is loving a medical student so it's acceptable. However now also she is saying that I can't fall in love with someone. She think If I love someone society will talk bad about me because my father is no more in this world.

    Why this society and familes putting so much restrictions to girls specially for fatherless girls?

    What kind of family and society pressure you are facing as a girl?
    The only perfect answer I can give you is, they care you tons If parents are restricting you not to go for or do anything that is not safe for you they'll always tend to warn you from their side , maybe they might have been through quite a lot. Although this their restrictions make us feel odd as falling in the ''young generation'' it i always better to listen to them as they'll always say things for our own good
    Your Last Mistake Is Your Best Teacher

  3. #3
    Status
    Offline
    Wondergirl's Avatar
    Reputed Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    vavuniya
    Posts
    435
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhavya View Post
    In my own family I am always pressurized to behave according to their expectation. My mom always told me to not to fall in love or be friend with boys. But when my cousin sister fall in love, she didn't oppose it and said she can because she is a medical student and she is loving a medical student so it's acceptable. However now also she is saying that I can't fall in love with someone. She think If I love someone society will talk bad about me because my father is no more in this world.

    Why this society and familes putting so much restrictions to girls specially for fatherless girls?

    What kind of family and society pressure you are facing as a girl?

    Hi ,

    Suitable question in this present day society .many of girls struggle with society and family pressure
    The reason one is misunderstanding ,and another is they are consider our safety .
    But i am still not struggle on my family .

  4. #4
    Status
    Offline
    Bhavya's Avatar
    Reputed Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Vavuniya, Srilanka
    Posts
    1,554
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Moana View Post
    The only perfect answer I can give you is, they care you tons If parents are restricting you not to go for or do anything that is not safe for you they'll always tend to warn you from their side , maybe they might have been through quite a lot. Although this their restrictions make us feel odd as falling in the ''young generation'' it i always better to listen to them as they'll always say things for our own good
    I agree they are concern about our well being.but they should we also have the freedom to choose our own life. And they should treat everyone in a same way.
    You're not going to master the rest of your life in one day.Don't stress.Master the day.Make this a daily reminder.

  5. #5
    Status
    Offline
    Bhavya's Avatar
    Reputed Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Vavuniya, Srilanka
    Posts
    1,554
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Hi ,

    Suitable question in this present day society .many of girls struggle with society and family pressure
    The reason one is misunderstanding ,and another is they are consider our safety .
    But i am still not struggle on my family .
    You're right,Misunderstanding and lack of trust also the reasons for the restriction.
    In this situation we should clear the misunderstanding and increase their trust on us.
    You're not going to master the rest of your life in one day.Don't stress.Master the day.Make this a daily reminder.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Who We Are

The Hub Sri Lanka is an online community portal for all the Sri Lankan digital Citizen's to enthusiastically learn and connect with the society by enormously increasing their knowledge and careers through an extensive collaborative marketplace.

Join us
RSS RSS 2.0 XML MAP HTML