Try our "Help Me AI"
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Does dowry system is the "Dream Killer" of girls?

Status
    Administrator
    Blog Entries

Does dowry system is the "Dream Killer" of girls?

Because of dowry system Our families treated us as a liability.Now a days marriage become a "financial transaction" in our society.Marriage brokers demand their fees from the groom side according to the dowry that the groom's family getting from the bride side. This system making girls' life miserable.Some parents stop their girls' studies because if they study high they have to look for a equally qualified groom who will ask high dowry. So they stop their girls' studies and kill their dreams.

What is is your thought about this dowry system?
    You're not going to master the rest of your life in one day. Don't stress. Master the day. Make this a daily reminder.

Status
    Reputed Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhavya View Post
    Because of dowry system Our families treated us as a liability.Now a days marriage become a "financial transaction" in our society.Marriage brokers demand their fees from the groom side according to the dowry that the groom's family getting from the bride side. This system making girls' life miserable.Some parents stop their girls' studies because if they study high they have to look for a equally qualified groom who will ask high dowry. So they stop their girls' studies and kill their dreams.

Hi bhavya,

Dowry system is "dream killer" is truth in today.more and more marriages are decided based on dowry.as a business dealings.thus ,specifically middle class family's women are involved on that problems.

I don't know why dowry are expected from women?most of women are presected by her husband or husband's family members.

In my point of view dowry system must abolish from our society.

Status
    Reputed Member
    Blog Entries

Just as you've mentioned above Dowry system represents marriage as a financial transaction between the bride and the groom and the middleman (a marriage broker)
    I have seen so many unmarried girls because of this Dowry system , where as they are unable to dowry the other side.

Between, You have any tips on how to abolish this system?
    Your Last Mistake Is Your Best Teacher

Status
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Hi bhavya,

Dowry system is "dream killer" is truth in today.more and more marriages are decided based on dowry.as a business dealings.thus ,specifically middle class family's women are involved on that problems.

I don't know why dowry are expected from women?most of women are presected by her husband or husband's family members.

In my point of view dowry system must abolish from our society.
    Yeah dowry system adding more worries to our girls life.In my opinion only men can do something to stop this.
    You're not going to master the rest of your life in one day. Don't stress. Master the day. Make this a daily reminder.

Status
    Reputed Member

It's a bitter truth .some parents want their sons to study more just to get high amount as dowry. We need to stop this culture to grow up as a community

Status
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Moana View Post
    Just as you've mentioned above Dowry system represents marriage as a financial transaction between the bride and the groom and the middleman (a marriage broker)
    I have seen so many unmarried girls because of this Dowry system , where as they are unable to dowry the other side.

Between, You have any tips on how to abolish this system?
    We can abolish this dowry system only when people stop asking and giving dowery.

Status
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Karikaalan View Post
    It's a bitter truth .some parents want their sons to study more just to get high amount as dowry. We need to stop this culture to grow up as a community
    yeah I think only our younger generation can abolish this culture from our society. Our generation should stop asking dowry when they get married.

Status
    Reputed Member

We can't call it Dowry System, Asking for a Dowry is a Sin. If you're not capable to take care of your future soulmate who is travel all along with your life please be stop marring that girl. As a men I said To be a Men you have ashamed to asking for a dowry, it that the worth for you? Are you sell yourself? Just twin your mustache and say "I keep care my girl by myself", that'll be the real attitude of men.

Status
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Assassin View Post
    We can't call it Dowry System, Asking for a Dowry is a Sin. If you're not capable to take care of your future soulmate who is travel all along with your life please be stop marring that girl. As a men I said To be a Men you have ashamed to asking for a dowry, it that the worth for you? Are you sell yourself? Just twin your mustache and say "I keep care my girl by myself", that'll be the real attitude of men.
    Well Said Assassin, If every man thinks like you there will be no dowry system in our society.

Status
    Reputed Member
    Because of the dowry system Our families treated us as a liability. Nowadays marriage becomes a "financial transaction" in our society. Marriage brokers demand their fees from the groom side according to the dowry that the groom's family getting from the bride side. This system making girls' life miserable. Some parents stop their girls' studies because if they study high they have to look for an equally qualified groom who will ask high dowry. So they stop their girls' studies and kill their dreams.

In my POV you have to look into the root of the problem. Why this dowry system was brought into our society?

In earlier times, the dowry was given to the bride for financial independence in her life after marriage. The whole dowry properties belong to her, not to the groom or his family.
    But nowadays it is not necessary that the girls should be given a dowry. Because most of the women are earning and they are financially independent. And in another POV, the bride is leaving her home and accepting another family as hers and living with them. So the groom side should give dowry for her. Nowadays, the parents have to educate their daughter and also have to save for the dowry. After her marriage, her earnings belong to groom family. But for a son, it is enough to educate him for a job. This is so unfair. If so, the contribution should be given equally by both families to start a new life. Dowry is not less than begging. He just has the guts to earn himself to keep her respectfully, who is giving lifetime commitment to him.
    Let's be the change

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast