Try our "Help Me AI"
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Homosexuality a threat to culture or an upgrade to human freedom?

Status
    Reputed Member

Is Homosexuality a threat to culture or an upgrade to human freedom?

Recently I heard that Homosexuality has been legalized in India, and that sparked up a vicious argument with my buddies.
    As I see it, legalizing it is a smart move on India's part. Instead of ruining the lives of people by abolishing homo, accepting it would create a healthier environment where people wouldn't be afraid to express who they are. The society we had a century ago is different from what we have now. The changes are a must and I see homosexuality as an evolution, and within the next 20 years, it'd be legalized in many countries including ours.

But few of my friends were against this. They kept saying how this would destroy our culture and create an instability.

What's your take on this?

Status
    Reputed Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shana View Post
    Recently I heard that Homosexuality has been legalized in India, and that sparked up a vicious argument with my buddies.
    As I see it, legalizing it is a smart move on India's part. Instead of ruining the lives of people by abolishing homo, accepting it would create a healthier environment where people wouldn't be afraid to express who they are. The society we had a century ago is different from what we have now. The changes are a must and I see homosexuality as an evolution, and within the next 20 years, it'd be legalized in many countries including ours.

But few of my friends were against this. They kept saying how this would destroy our culture and create an instability.

Some people say that this is against nature. But for me, this is the nature of some special people among us . So let us accept them and create a new culture .homosexuality is not a new thing to our soceity . It has been there for years. But not accepted by the majority.

Status
    Reputed Member
    Yes, I agree with him. It's present always, hideous amount the society for centuries now. Now that people are more liberal, being gay is not a crime anymore. Either we can accept them as one of our own or can neglect it and carry on with our lives.

Status
    Reputed Member

Hi Shana,

In my opinion is , homosexuality is unwanted & barrier thing.
    I really couldn't understand why some people engaged the homosexuality.but one thing it makes threat to our society .
    for instance our present society meet to more & more sexual & rapists Problems.Finally ,we never Accept it and
    homosexuality never upgrade to human freedom .

Status
    Reputed Member
    Blog Entries

From my point of view, I guess it should be accepted because I think that this is something to do with the hormones and our desire of whom we are going to marry. If we're in love with the same sex it simply means it has something to do with our bodies. Well, I guess legalizing it should be fine.
    Your Last Mistake Is Your Best Teacher

Status
    Reputed Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Karikaalan View Post
    Some people say that this is against nature. But for me, this is the nature of some special people among us . So let us accept them and create a new culture .homosexuality is not a new thing to our soceity . It has been there for years. But not accepted by the majority.
    That was exactly what they said. All they kept saying was "It's against the nature". But who are we to decide what is natural and what is not?

Status
    Reputed Member
    Quote Originally Posted by subasan View Post
    Yes, I agree with him. It's present always, hideous amount the society for centuries now. Now that people are more liberal, being gay is not a crime anymore. Either we can accept them as one of our own or can neglect it and carry on with our lives.
    That's right. But how progressive are we now in accepting them? We at some level consider them a bit lower than what we call "normal". So neglecting is not an option. We would keep on harassing those people and call their feelings fake.

Status
    Reputed Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Hi Shana,

In my opinion is , homosexuality is unwanted & barrier thing.
    I really couldn't understand why some people engaged the homosexuality.but one thing it makes threat to our society .
    for instance our present society meet to more & more sexual & rapists Problems.Finally ,we never Accept it and
    homosexuality never upgrade to human freedom .
    So you are trying to say homosexuality increases rapes? Then what abt now? Are we currently living in a rape-free, abuse-free world?

Status
    Reputed Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Moana View Post
    From my point of view I guess it should be accepted, because I think that this is something to do with the hormones and our desire of whom we are going to marry. If we're in love with the opposite sex it simply means it has something to do with our bodies. Well I guess legalising it should be fine.
    Well said. But few of my friends who take are experts on Biology, kept saying how homo should be a disorder, not a true feeling. WHat do you think?

Status
    Administrator
    Blog Entries

I think homosexuality should be accepted, definitely, They are different from common people but they are not wrong. As a human being, They also have full rights to live their desire life.We should respect their feelings.
    You're not going to master the rest of your life in one day. Don't stress. Master the day. Make this a daily reminder.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast