Quote Originally Posted by Shivani View Post
Since the Raaman Seethai age our culture for women is to wear Saree and for men westhi.
Do you think it should be followed by today's generation as well?
Does it have an impact on our personality?

It would be great if you guys start giving me your opinions.
For me, a dress should be something to be worn for comfort and decency. When it comes to traditional vs Modern, I stay in the middle.
And just wearing a saree or veshti won't mean those people are so innocent, flawless and traditional.
I feel much more safe and unexposed in Tops and Jeans, and not really in Sarees. The routine we have in this generation would not allow sarees or veshtis for daily use. May be for special occasions, but not daily.
I know many women who are uncomfortable in sarees including myself and just because we go for Jeans doesn't mean we have a character flaw.
Is ok to dress up according to the places we go? It means we are changing our character as well. Why can't you wear t shirts and jeans to a traditional wedding? You'll feel odd because everyone will start looking you in a different perspective. I hope I'm right ��
The way we present ourselves determine who we are and like it or not, society is a part of our life. If we wear jeans to a wedding, then that would be wrong in the way of common decency. Because those occasions reflect each community's tradition and we must abide by it. Otherwise, it'll reflect that we don't care about their tradition. If it's a person who doesn't care what people say, then it's fine. For others, it's tough. That's why we wear traditional for those and go for casual for daily use.

To be honest, we should feel comfortable with what we're wearing regardless whether it's saree or jeans. That's all.