Try our "Help Me AI"
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Traditional Culture vs Modern Culture. Does It Have An impact On Our Personality?

Status
    Reputed Member
    Blog Entries

Traditional Culture vs Modern Culture. Does It Have An impact On Our Personality?

Since the Raaman Seethai age our culture for women is to wear Saree and for men westhi.
    Do you think it should be followed by today's generation as well?
    Does it have an impact on our personality?

It would be great if you guys start giving me your opinions.
    Your Last Mistake Is Your Best Teacher

Status
    Blog Entries
    Hey Shivani nice topic In my opinion we want to wear suitable dress for the places where we go. When we go for a wedding we can wear saree and in parties we wear modern one. We want to change according to the place and time but not yield our culture in need able place.

Status
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Since the Raaman Seethai age our culture for women is to wear Saree and for men westhi.
    Practically speaking yes, it will impact your personality and the opinion as well! "How you are reflecting yourself" is important than "how you are reflecting to others".

When we go for a wedding we can wear saree and in parties we wear modern one.
    But, now ladies wear jeans and leggings to the Hindu temple festivals as well as funeral too
    Small Daily Improvements Always Lead To Exceptional Results Over Time. - Robin Sharma

Status
    Reputed Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    We want to change according to the place and time but not yield our culture in need able place.
    Hi Medusa!
    Is ok to dress up according to the places we go? It means we are changing our character as well. Why can't you wear t shirts and jeans to a traditional wedding? You'll feel odd because everyone will start looking you in a different perspective. I hope I'm right 😊

Nobody ever will offend us for dressing traditionally unless until we think it is a prestige problem!

Status
    Reputed Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    We want to change according to the place and time but not yield our culture in need able place.
    Lol I'll be honest, this line is seriously making me angry. Don't get me wrong! I'm sorry

Status
    Reputed Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Beacon View Post
    "How you are reflecting yourself" is important than "how you are reflecting to others".
    True fact, a women's dressing style is important. That reflects a part of what kind of a women she is! I believe that 😊

But, now ladies wear jeans and leggings to the Hindu temple festivals as well as funeral too
    I seriously don't have an idea about it may be it is because to show themselves that they're fashionable or from a higher standard family don't know exactly! WHICH IS SERIUOSLY NOT GOOD.
    Even I personally sometimes feel like respecting a women who wears a Saree to a temple or funeral that respect automatically comes within us unconsciously!
    It's something unexplainable you know 😊
    Why does Sri Lanka have a respect among other countries? Of course because of its tradition . POINT!

Status
    Reputed Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shivani View Post

It would be great if you guys start giving me your opinions.
    For me, a dress should be something to be worn for comfort and decency. When it comes to traditional vs Modern, I stay in the middle.
    And just wearing a saree or veshti won't mean those people are so innocent, flawless and traditional.
    I feel much more safe and unexposed in Tops and Jeans, and not really in Sarees. The routine we have in this generation would not allow sarees or veshtis for daily use. May be for special occasions, but not daily.
    I know many women who are uncomfortable in sarees including myself and just because we go for Jeans doesn't mean we have a character flaw.
    Is ok to dress up according to the places we go? It means we are changing our character as well. Why can't you wear t shirts and jeans to a traditional wedding? You'll feel odd because everyone will start looking you in a different perspective. I hope I'm right ��
    The way we present ourselves determine who we are and like it or not, society is a part of our life. If we wear jeans to a wedding, then that would be wrong in the way of common decency. Because those occasions reflect each community's tradition and we must abide by it. Otherwise, it'll reflect that we don't care about their tradition. If it's a person who doesn't care what people say, then it's fine. For others, it's tough. That's why we wear traditional for those and go for casual for daily use.

To be honest, we should feel comfortable with what we're wearing regardless whether it's saree or jeans. That's all.

Status
    Reputed Member
    Blog Entries
    That's why we wear traditional for those and go for casual for daily use
    Right point dressing depends on our comfy!
    But why do girls wear jeans for temples and funerals? Are temples and funerals a casual place? I'm talking about Shalwars as well..

Status
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shivani View Post
    Yes,we should follow our tradition ,It's define our personality.More than dress tradition is in our mind,behaviour and character.

yes absolutely, it has major role in our personality development.

Is ok to dress up according to the places we go?

If you agree or not we're dressing according to the places we go.If We didn't dress according to the place, we will feel out of the place and get some odd looks from others.
    so it's ok to dress according to the places.

you know what saree is the most sexiest dress in the world.If a person Dress mordenly that doesn't mean he/she not following the tradition.More than traditional dress i feel covered and comfort in jeans and top.
    If a person wear saree with a deep neck blouse and wore the saree in a way to exposed her belly . will you call her traditional woman? The answer is definitely NO.
    so you can't judge a person's tradition by their dress.
    In my opinion we can dress modern or traditional as long as we keep our decency and self discipline intact.
    You're not going to master the rest of your life in one day. Don't stress. Master the day. Make this a daily reminder.

Status
    Reputed Member
    Blog Entries
    you know what saree is the most sexiest dress in the world.
    No it isn't, its just the way we determine ourselves to wear it.

If a person wear saree with a deep neck blouse and wore the saree in a way to exposed her belly . will you call her traditional woman? The answer is definitely NO.
    so you can't judge a person's tradition by their dress.
    In my opinion we can dress modern or traditional as long as we keep our decency and self discipline in act.
    True your last point is strong and Nice
    Your Last Mistake Is Your Best Teacher

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast