Try our "Help Me AI"

Thread: How To Prepare Ourselves For A Presentation?

Status
    Reputed Member
    Blog Entries

How To Prepare Ourselves For A Presentation?

Hi everyone!

I have done a couple of presentations at my campus but still now I don't have a much clear picture about how to actually do a presentation in front of a huge crowd!

It would be really helpful if you guys could give me some tips on..

• The style of presenting it
    • The accent we should follow
    • The way to make the presentation more interesting without the crowd letting bored
    • The way to seek the audience's attention
    Your Last Mistake Is Your Best Teacher

Status
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shivani View Post
    Hi everyone!
    I have done a couple of presentations at my campus but still now I don't have a much clear picture about how to actually do a presentation in front of a huge crowd!

• The way to make the presentation more interesting without the crowd letting bored
    Every public speakers having their own style and if you ask them they would tell you like they became this level because of their first ever terrible presentation Personally i realized that myself too!

There are multiple types of presentations like, Story telling, Public speaking, Corporate presentation, Sales Pitch, Startup pitching ( Mostly 5-8 minutes), free style public speaking,etc,etc! Get to know your target audience and the type of the presentation that you wanted to do first.

Best Resources:
    CEO-level Presentation Skills - Slide Writing for Consulting | Udemy
    18 Tips for Killer Presentations
    Public Speaking Tips From Champion Dananjaya Hettiarachchi - Business Insider
    Guy Kawasaki - The Only 10 Slides You Need in Your Pitch
    Small Daily Improvements Always Lead To Exceptional Results Over Time. - Robin Sharma

Status
    Reputed Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shivani View Post
    Hi everyone!

It depends whether you've stage fear. It goes away when you do this often, trust me.
    You don't have to mind your accent or style. Just be confident and flow in your way of speaking.
    If you want to grab attention, then you must be energetic or your topic must be heavily interesting. Once or twice cracking subtle jokes will help. Give an energetic opening to your presentation. Don't go with the template openers, but try something unique on your own.
    And keep eye contact with the audience! That is the key to not to letting them sleep. If you're nervous, keep an eye contact with few trustworthy people in the crowd. That would make you much familiar and likable.

Status
    Reputed Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Beacon View Post
    Every public speakers having their own style and if you ask them they would tell you like they became this level because of their first ever terrible presentation Personally i realized that myself too!

There are multiple types of presentations like, Story telling, Public speaking, Corporate presentation, Sales Pitch, Startup pitching ( Mostly 5-8 minutes), free style public speaking,etc,etc! Get to know your target audience and the type of the presentation that you wanted to do first.

Best Resources:
    Thanks for the resources I'll look into it

Status
    Reputed Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shana View Post
    It depends whether you've stage fear. It goes away when you do this often, trust me.
    You don't have to mind your accent or style. Just be confident and flow in your way of speaking.
    If you want to grab attention, then you must be energetic or your topic must be heavily interesting. Once or twice cracking subtle jokes will help. Give an energetic opening to your presentation. Don't go with the template openers, but try something unique on your own.
    And keep eye contact with the audience! That is the key to not to letting them sleep. If you're nervous, keep an eye contact with few trustworthy people in the crowd. That would make you much familiar and likable.
    That was really helpful Shana! I do have stage fear like 95% of it. Your advice was really good. Thank you

Status
    Reputed Member
    These facts may help...
    presentation.jpg

Status
    Reputed Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by assassin View Post
    These facts may help...
    presentation.jpg
    This image was really helpful assassin thanks for it, next time when doing a presentation ill follow all these steps!

Status
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Beacon View Post

Best Resources:
    Thanks for this detailed explanation and the valuable resources you provide here. It's very useful and insightful!
    You're not going to master the rest of your life in one day. Don't stress. Master the day. Make this a daily reminder.

Status
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shana View Post
    Shana, Thanks for these practical tips from your own experience. I too have a bit of stage fear, I think with practice we can overcome this. And I agree with you we should have our unique presentation style rather than following others.
    You're not going to master the rest of your life in one day. Don't stress. Master the day. Make this a daily reminder.

Status
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Assassin View Post
    These facts may help...
    presentation.jpg
    Assassin, Thanks for this body language tips for doing presentation. Honestly, these are much-needed tips for me because when it comes to presentation, I very poor in my body language. I hope these tips will help me to improve my body language.