Quote Originally Posted by Dhiya View Post
How many of you ragged in your University days? Share your experience here. Is ragging important to the students or not? Is there any benefits from the **** ragging?
Actually As much as I hated ragging in my junior year, I then felt wonderful about having gone through it. I would have never talked with my Sinhala friends due to the language prob, if my seniors hadn't ordered us to sit in random and not with our own community.
Now I've got a huge sinhala friends circle and I learnt that talking doesn't always need a language. I even talked in sign language,trust me. We wore the skirts and blouses and we had to write the full information of everyone in our batch and we need to know about every details of our university. Often our seniors start scolding us for no reasons and we had to tolerate everything. It's just the tip of the iceberg and there's more.

But the ragging season wasn't so bad to us as in all other universities. It taught us to be together and take care of everyone. Now looking back, it gives us a laugh, the way we scolded our seniors in our close friend circle, the late night gossips, last minute head count of batch etc etc.

Ragging may be wrong. But it gave us the bond with each other. Some universities make it too horrible, but ours was mediocre and awesome.