Try our "Help Me AI"
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Must have to answer by University Students!!!

Status
    Reputed Member

Exclamation Must have to answer by University Students!!!

How many of you ragged in your University days? Share your experience here. Is ragging important to the students or not? Is there any benefits from the **** ragging?
    Diligence is a mother of Good luck

Status
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    How many of you ragged in your University days? Share your experience here. Is ragging important to the students or not? Is there any benefits from the **** ragging?
    Can you share us your experience first?
    Small Daily Improvements Always Lead To Exceptional Results Over Time. - Robin Sharma

Status
    Reputed Member
    Yeah Sure, Why not? We have to wear long skirt & blouse with oiled and plaited hair as our dresscode fpr a period . Really that dress code is very uncomfortable for me and my friends too. The worst thing in the ragging period is card name.
    Seniors assign the demeaning nickname to the Juniors and they have to be called by that name throughout their entire University life. In some Universities, they have to tell a poem which contains bad words and recite in front of all.
    Really I hate this thing in my entire life. Still, I hate some seniors for this ragging. There are so many stories are there to share with you guys. BUt, This is the worst thing of Ragging.

Status
    Reputed Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhiya View Post
    Actually As much as I hated ragging in my junior year, I then felt wonderful about having gone through it. I would have never talked with my Sinhala friends due to the language prob, if my seniors hadn't ordered us to sit in random and not with our own community.
    Now I've got a huge sinhala friends circle and I learnt that talking doesn't always need a language. I even talked in sign language,trust me. We wore the skirts and blouses and we had to write the full information of everyone in our batch and we need to know about every details of our university. Often our seniors start scolding us for no reasons and we had to tolerate everything. It's just the tip of the iceberg and there's more.

But the ragging season wasn't so bad to us as in all other universities. It taught us to be together and take care of everyone. Now looking back, it gives us a laugh, the way we scolded our seniors in our close friend circle, the late night gossips, last minute head count of batch etc etc.

Ragging may be wrong. But it gave us the bond with each other. Some universities make it too horrible, but ours was mediocre and awesome.

Status
    Reputed Member
    When it exceeded it limit everything will be fine, just do with in the boundaries sometimes I thought it's necessary too. But if you intend to torture someone then it become worst.

Status
    Reputed Member
    everything is best in a limit. You are right in your argument. Why do you think it's necessory for university students?

Status
    everything is best in a limit. You are right in your argument. Why do you think it's necessory for university students?
    University students are matured and they act in their own.Basically they are from different backgrounds,streams,places and community if they are left alone; definitely it results in gender,course,community based discrimination.When we come to ragging it is a most hated practice all along the junior years but ask any seniors about their ragging experience.They will surely say the good in it because as time passes we forget all the pain but what remains is the nostalgic memories of fun and enjoyment with your mates.

Status
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shana View Post
    Actually As much as I hated ragging in my junior year, I then felt wonderful about having gone through it. I would have never talked with my Sinhala friends due to the language prob, if my seniors hadn't ordered us to sit in random and not with our own community.
    Now I've got a huge sinhala friends circle and I learnt that talking doesn't always need a language. I even talked in sign language,trust me. We wore the skirts and blouses and we had to write the full information of everyone in our batch and we need to know about every details of our university. Often our seniors start scolding us for no reasons and we had to tolerate everything. It's just the tip of the iceberg and there's more.

But the ragging season wasn't so bad to us as in all other universities. It taught us to be together and take care of everyone. Now looking back, it gives us a laugh, the way we scolded our seniors in our close friend circle, the late night gossips, last minute head count of batch etc etc.

Ragging may be wrong. But it gave us the bond with each other. Some universities make it too horrible, but ours was mediocre and awesome.
    Nice to here this Shana, I think ragging was introduced with the purpose to remove the shyness and fear from the freshers and create good bonds in their university with their batch mates and seniors, isn't it?
    You're not going to master the rest of your life in one day. Don't stress. Master the day. Make this a daily reminder.

Status
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Assassin View Post
    When it exceeded it limit everything will be fine, just do with in the boundaries sometimes I thought it's necessary too. But if you intend to torture someone then it become worst.
    True Assassin everything is perfect within the limits. As you said sometimes ragging necessary to remove shyness and fear from the freshers.
    You're not going to master the rest of your life in one day. Don't stress. Master the day. Make this a daily reminder.

Status
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shan View Post
    University students are matured and they act in their own.Basically they are from different backgrounds,streams,places and community if they are left alone; definitely it results in gender,course,community based discrimination.When we come to ragging it is a most hated practice all along the junior years but ask any seniors about their ragging experience.They will surely say the good in it because as time passes we forget all the pain but what remains is the nostalgic memories of fun and enjoyment with your mates.
    Well said Shan. Ragging helps to avoid discrimination in the university.And you are when tim pass we forget the pains and only remember the fond memories.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast