Try our "Help Me AI"

Thread: Why do only some universities get all the privileges?

Status
    Reputed Member

Post Why do only some universities get all the privileges?

I'm a university student and I've visited almost all state universities of Sri Lanka and this question does not concern private universities.
    All I wanna know about is, why do the universities around Colombo get all the privileges and facilities than others?
    Why does some universities have to go through hell to have something done, when others could do it in a day?
    Why is that only students from specific universities get the priority while others get ignored?
    Why does some universities have to survive with limited resources, when there're obviously places with excess resources?
    Why do some universities face serious punishments and obstacles while others just brush it away like dust?
    Is this a failure on the government's part or the university administration's part?

Need some legit answer here!

Status
    Reputed Member
    this is an important issue that should be discussed..
    this problem starts from schools.. Are the facilities for the village side schools are equal to the schools around towns and cities? Obviously no!
    I think the fund and other resources including human resource provided for a educational institution depends highly on the density of the population of the area . Another important reason for the universities around collombo getting much attention is their history. Collombo , vidyodaya(jeyapura), vidyalankara(kelaniya), and Katubedda (morattuwa ) including peredeniya were established long ago comparing other universities. Jaffna too can be added to this list. It is obvious that the resources were not gained in a short time. lets hop that soon all the universities will get it

Status
    Reputed Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kishanth_sri View Post
    this is an important issue that should be discussed..
    this problem starts from schools.. Are the facilities for the village side schools are equal to the schools around towns and cities? Obviously no!
    I think the fund and other resources including human resource provided for a educational institution depends highly on the density of the population of the area . Another important reason for the universities around collombo getting much attention is their history. Collombo , vidyodaya(jeyapura), vidyalankara(kelaniya), and Katubedda (morattuwa ) including peredeniya were established long ago comparing other universities. Jaffna too can be added to this list. It is obvious that the resources were not gained in a short time. lets hop that soon all the universities will get it
    I'm not just talking about resources. You know what atrocities and serious rule breaking happen in popular universities and how they're so hidden from the view. But the rules only apply to those which are struggling to get to the top.
    And the history about those universities are fine. But at least shouldn't we be given a chance to develop?
    Comparing schools to universities is a bit far fetched. University life determines what happens to our future life. And as much as school life is vital, it doesn't hold the potential to ruin our lives.
    That's what I'm talking about.

Status
    Reputed Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shana View Post
    I'm a university student and I've visited almost all state universities of Sri Lanka and this question does not concern private universities.
    All I wanna know about is, why do the universities around Colombo get all the privileges and facilities than others?
    Why does some universities have to go through hell to have something done, when others could do it in a day?
    Why is that only students from specific universities get the priority while others get ignored?
    Why does some universities have to survive with limited resources, when there're obviously places with excess resources?
    Why do some universities face serious punishments and obstacles while others just brush it away like dust?
    Is this a failure on the government's part or the university administration's part?

Need some legit answer here!
    Hmmm.... It become like prestige issues. I wonder about this as well. Even the government keeps partiality between universities.