Try our "Help Me AI"
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Drinking on occasion...Is that right?

Status
    Reputed Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shivani View Post
    Drinkiing on occasions is fine something like wine, because in cold foreign countries people have to drink in order to maintain their health( wine) so drinking in occasions are fine i guess!
    May be. But since I'm talking about the situation of Sri Lanka getting too westernized to accept drinking as a normal fact. So regarding our country, what do you think?

Status
    Reputed Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhavya View Post
    @Karikaalan Don't explore these kind of things, Now you just start it as a experiment if you loose your self control it will become your addiction/habit so please don't spoil your health and time in it.
    Explore in your passion.It's more healthier
    I feel confident that I will not get addicted. I already had tried smoking and now I don't smoke . But I know how it feels like.
    This is for my passion .. and thanks a lot for the care Bhavya..

Status
    Reputed Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shana View Post
    Seriously? You're supporting that habit?
    Wow! We all know better than that to encourage others to drink. And no offense, but I hate or let's say I 'm physically repulsed by drunkards.
    Anyway, My question is why do you do it? What draws you in?
    And mainly, why are you so intent on trying it for the sake of experience? It's an addiction, but you're doing it. May I know why?
    I don't support drinking. It surely injurious to health and soceity. But I wanted to know why they do it How it feels like .. I will not continue it . I will not encourage any others to do it.
    It is surely disgusting.

Status
    Reputed Member
    And mainly, why are you so intent on trying it for the sake of experience? It's an addiction, but you're doing it. May I know why?
    As a professional writer , I need to know at least something from their point of view! Am I wrong?

Status
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    I feel confident that I will not get addicted. I already had tried smoking and now I don't smoke . But I know how it feels like.
    If you have this much of self control then it's fine

This is for my passion .. and thanks a lot for the care Bhavya.
    You are most welcome Karikaalan,Best wishes for your future endeavors
    You're not going to master the rest of your life in one day. Don't stress. Master the day. Make this a daily reminder.

Status
    Reputed Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Karikaalan View Post
    As a professional writer , I need to know at least something from their point of view! Am I wrong?
    No, you aren't wrong. But take care of yourself.
    These habits are poisonous.

Status
    Reputed Member
    No, you aren't wrong. But take care of yourself.
    These habits are poisonous.
    Yah I will leave it soon.. thanks 😊

Status
    Reputed Member
    [QUOTE=Shana;1955]
    So you admit yourself that you drink for your prestige?
    Then that means you take no pleasure in drinking, but you do that anyway to prove yourself equal to other guys?
    You didn't get my point i think, may be my reply isn't so clear. I totally disagree with a people who said the reasons you mention above. I said that my prestige is depend on not drinking in an occasion, which means i never drink on occasions. If I wish do i happens only with my buddies and I did it countable times only.

I think we women respect men who take pride in being themselves and not doing such stunts for the sake of male ego and prestige.
    I'm not mad enough to this kind of silly things to impress women, even I never try to do anything to impress any women. I respect women a lot that's the only reason I never try single shot of drink in any common occasions. There is nothing like male ego and prestige, when I went for my friend birthday party in Colombo. I have seen some girls drinking too. They think them self proud by it and start blabbering against me "girls we have a drink, and why you don't? " So go around Sri Lanka, you'll understand it's not only a male stuff.

Be yourself and don't try to express yourself by doing something you don't like.
    I'm always be myself with my own set rules. I have my very own limits in drinking as well. I never try nothing much than a beer. I never exceed more than one. I never try drinking with random people only with my close mates they were less than 5. If you tell someone I drinking they never trust you, like that I keep my reputation. I never drink in someone else money and I never give a single coin to someone to drink too. These kind of barriers I keep myself. More importantly I get into this habit on 2017 Feb and quit it on 2017 Nov to keep my sports activities clean.

Status
    Reputed Member
    [QUOTE=assassin;2024]

You didn't get my point i think, may be my reply isn't so clear. I totally disagree with a people who said the reasons you mention above. I said that my prestige is depend on not drinking in an occasion, which means i never drink on occasions. If I wish do i happens only with my buddies and I did it countable times only.

I'm not mad enough to this kind of silly things to impress women, even I never try to do anything to impress any women. I respect women a lot that's the only reason I never try single shot of drink in any common occasions. There is nothing like male ego and prestige, when I went for my friend birthday party in Colombo. I have seen some girls drinking too. They think them self proud by it and start blabbering against me "girls we have a drink, and why you don't? " So go around Sri Lanka, you'll understand it's not only a male stuff.

I'm always be myself with my own set rules. I have my very own limits in drinking as well. I never try nothing much than a beer. I never exceed more than one. I never try drinking with random people only with my close mates they were less than 5. If you tell someone I drinking they never trust you, like that I keep my reputation. I never drink in someone else money and I never give a single coin to someone to drink too. These kind of barriers I keep myself. More importantly I get into this habit on 2017 Feb and quit it on 2017 Nov to keep my sports activities clean.
    oops...clearly I have misunderstood your point! Anyway, it's good to know the facts you mentioned. Thanks for clarifying.
    BTW, yes, nowadays, women drink as well. I'm not denying it. Their reasons for drinking go along the fake lines of misunderstood-feminism. So there's no point arguing about women who have no idea what equality actually means.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12