Try our "Help Me AI"
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drinking on occasion...Is that right?

Status
    Reputed Member

Angry Drinking on occasion...Is that right?

All my life, I've seen men drunkards and people who drink on special occasion. We all know what alcoholism would bring about and we are aware of its bad effects. But still, people drink for several reasons as,

1) Peer pressure
    2) Prestige
    3) Drowning their sorrows
    4) Enjoying their happiness
    5) etc etc..

Is that acceptable? I mean, even in every sector of work, it's becoming usual to drink alcohol. Why is that?

Why are we accepting such a habit as something of norm?
    Instead of prohibiting drinking, we're going along with it. Is this what normalcy is nowadays?

Status
    Reputed Member
    Interesting thing to discuss Shana!
    Last 3 months as I wanted to experiment and experience the effect of alchohol , I have drank with my mates about 4 times. I don't think drinking will drown the sorrows or bring happiness.. I may be wrong , but as I understood in my very few experience I feel it just expand the mood we are in. Thrice of the occasion I started to motivate my friends and felt bad about the situation of my community. Once I just started talk about cinema .
    It didn't make me to think about hitting others. I didn't think about raping after being drunken .. I think these are some lies about drinking.. I have much more to explore. Will update you if I got some more understanding on the thing because I haven't drink too much up to losing control.. I have to try that soon.

Status
    Registered Member
    Blog Entries
    People drink for several reason as you mentioned. But if they took it too far and become alcoholic then that is biggest part we have to worry about. Drinking isn't a bad thing to do, same as we eat toffee knowing that we might get diabetes and eating fried chicken very often knowing we might die from heart attack. But toffee and fried chicken isn't going to hurt anybody other than our-self where alcohol addiction leads to abuses and hurt others emotionally and mentally.

Status
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    I have much more to explore. Will update you if I got some more understanding on the thing because I haven't drink too much up to losing control.. I have to try that soon.
    @Karikaalan Don't explore these kind of things, Now you just start it as a experiment if you loose your self control it will become your addiction/habit so please don't spoil your health and time in it.
    Explore in your passion.It's more healthier
    You're not going to master the rest of your life in one day. Don't stress. Master the day. Make this a daily reminder.

Status
    Reputed Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shana View Post
    All my life, I've seen men drunkards and people who drink on special occasion. We all know what alcoholism would bring about and we are aware of its bad effects. But still, people drink for several reasons as,

1) Peer pressure
    2) Prestige
    3) Drowning their sorrows
    4) Enjoying their happiness
    5) etc etc..

Is that acceptable? I mean, even in every sector of work, it's becoming usual to drink alcohol. Why is that?

Why are we accepting such a habit as something of norm?
    Instead of prohibiting drinking, we're going along with it. Is this what normalcy is nowadays?

Interesting topic to discuss, Drinking in occasion is wrong I felt because my prestige is depend on being without drinking in the event. The point you mention are not considerable for a reason of drinking, those are just a facts that say by the drinkers. If It's a party with a comfort zone of people of mine I'll go with drinking and I know the limit. Just to join the party.

Status
    Registered Member
    Blog Entries
    In my opinion whether he alcoholic or not its depends on the person and his family but they should aware about what they are doing in public. Anyone don't have any rights to disturb others life so they should in control of their selves. Drinking is injuries to health there is no alternative comment for it.

Status
    Reputed Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthi View Post
    In my opinion whether he alcoholic or not its depends on the person and his family but they should aware about what they are doing in public. Anyone don't have any rights to disturb others life so they should in control of their selves. Drinking is injuries to health there is no alternative comment for it.
    Drinkiing on occasions is fine something like wine, because in cold foreign countries people have to drink in order to maintain their health( wine) so drinking in occasions are fine i guess!
    Your Last Mistake Is Your Best Teacher

Status
    Reputed Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Karikaalan View Post
    Interesting thing to discuss Shana!
    Last 3 months as I wanted to experiment and experience the effect of alchohol , I have drank with my mates about 4 times. I don't think drinking will drown the sorrows or bring happiness.. I may be wrong , but as I understood in my very few experience I feel it just expand the mood we are in. Thrice of the occasion I started to motivate my friends and felt bad about the situation of my community. Once I just started talk about cinema .
    It didn't make me to think about hitting others. I didn't think about raping after being drunken .. I think these are some lies about drinking.. I have much more to explore. Will update you if I got some more understanding on the thing because I haven't drink too much up to losing control.. I have to try that soon.
    Seriously? You're supporting that habit?
    Wow! We all know better than that to encourage others to drink. And no offense, but I hate or let's say I 'm physically repulsed by drunkards.
    Anyway, My question is why do you do it? What draws you in?
    And mainly, why are you so intent on trying it for the sake of experience? It's an addiction, but you're doing it. May I know why?

Status
    Reputed Member
    Quote Originally Posted by assassin View Post
    Interesting topic to discuss, Drinking in occasion is wrong I felt because my prestige is depend on being without drinking in the event. The point you mention are not considerable for a reason of drinking, those are just a facts that say by the drinkers. If It's a party with a comfort zone of people of mine I'll go with drinking and I know the limit. Just to join the party.
    So you admit yourself that you drink for your prestige?
    Then that means you take no pleasure in drinking, but you do that anyway to prove yourself equal to other guys?
    I think we women respect men who take pride in being themselves and not doing such stunts for the sake of male ego and prestige.
    Be yourself and don't try to express yourself by doing something you don't like.

Status
    Reputed Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthi View Post
    Well said! People should realize that even though it's the 21st century and everyone has the right to do anything they want, we all have this social responsibility to limit ourselves from these poisonous habits..
    Applicable to women as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast