Try our "Help Me AI"

Thread: Friends! Does being content mean you don't desire more ?

Status
    Administrator
    Blog Entries

Exclamation Friends! Does being content mean you don't desire more ?

To be content doesn't mean you don't desire more,It means you are thankful for what you have and patient for what's to come. A grateful heart is the foundation of virtues such as love happiness and contentment.State of being happy comes within. It's an art of living every moment with intense joy and positivity . Be thankful for what you have,you'll end up having more and you will understand Joy.

Folks,share your thoughts about contentment and happiness
    You're not going to master the rest of your life in one day. Don't stress. Master the day. Make this a daily reminder.

Status
    Reputed Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhavya View Post
    To be content doesn't mean you don't desire more,It means you are thankful for what you have and patient for what's to come. A grateful heart is the foundation of virtues such as love happiness and contentment.State of being happy comes within. It's an art of living every moment with intense joy and positivity . Be thankful for what you have,you'll end up having more and you will understand Joy.

Well, if we desire for something that makes us happy, I don't see anything wrong with it. Because, our life is what we make of it. I want to live happy and die happy. I don't want any regrets. And somethings you can only accomplish them when you have the will and energy for it. I think contentment is fine, until it doesn't make us happy.

Status
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shana View Post
    Well, if we desire for something that makes us happy, I don't see anything wrong with it. Because, our life is what we make of it. I want to live happy and die happy. I don't want any regrets. And somethings you can only accomplish them when you have the will and energy for it. I think contentment is fine, until it doesn't make us happy.
    I think ,I said the same as well,Definitely we can desire for what makes us happy. But we should be patient till we get the desire thing and be thankful for what we have right now,This will make us feel contentment.Which will give us inner peace and happiness.

PS:Hope i am clear with my point!
    You're not going to master the rest of your life in one day. Don't stress. Master the day. Make this a daily reminder.

Status
    Reputed Member
    I think ,I said the same as well,Definitely we can desire for what makes us happy. But we should be patient till we get the desire thing and be thankful for what we have right now,This will make us feel contentment.Which will give us inner peace and happiness.

PS:Hope i am clear with my point!
    Being patient is fine, but waiting too much for something we desire, it will take away the need to have it. Everything is fine if it makes us happy. That's what matters. May be it would look like selfishness or greediness, but it depends on what we ask for. Treating ourselves right is the point.

Status
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Being patient is fine, but waiting too much for something we desire, it will take away the need to have it.
    Being patient doesn't mean just sitting idle,you should keep on trying to get your desire.But you have to be patient until you finally get it.

Everything is fine if it makes us happy.
    Everything is fine if it makes us happy without hurting others

Treating ourselves right is the point.
    Totally agree with you

Status
    Reputed Member

Really great. Being happy depends on our inner self comfort. Find happiness in little things.

Status
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Being happy depends on our inner self comfort

Absolutely,we are the ones to decide if we want to be happy or not

Find happiness in little things.
    True words