Try our "Help Me AI"

Thread: Have you ever heard about elderly abuses? If you heard any incidents share them here

Status
    Administrator
    Blog Entries

Question Have you ever heard about elderly abuses? If you heard any incidents share them here

we all talk about child abuses and women abuses but neglect the abuses happening to the elders.Elderly abuse includes physical abuse,emotional abuse,exploitation,neglect and abandonment. These abuses can be caused by children,other family members, and spouses.As well as the staff at nursing homes,assisted living and other facilities.when i was stayed in a ladies hostel which is combined with the elders home.i have seen many emotional abuses happen to the elderly ladies by the home staff.The home charging 40 thousands sri lankan rupees per month from the children of the grandmothers to look after them.But the facilities in the home is very poor and the children of the grand mothers also neglected it. we can't blame them because they are the heartless people who abandoned their mothers.I just gave the emotional support to the grandmas by listening to their stories.( their stories were very heart breaking)Now i miss them very much and also worry about their well beings.Do you guys heard or seen any elderly abuses? if yes share it belowHow can we stop these kind of abuses?
    You're not going to master the rest of your life in one day. Don't stress. Master the day. Make this a daily reminder.

Status
    Registered Member
    Blog Entries
    I have witness elderly abuses in hospitals, specially in General Hospital. Most of them are Nurses(Not every one of them), where they treat them with no respect and rise their voice in a rude way towards them. Sometimes, I wonder how they would treat their own parents and grandparents at home. we must remember that one day we also have to meet that stage in our life.

Status
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ritika View Post
    I have witness elderly abuses in hospitals, specially in General Hospital. Most of them are Nurses(Not every one of them), where they treat them with no respect and rise their voice in a rude way towards them. Sometimes, I wonder how they would treat their own parents and grandparents at home. we must remember that one day we also have to meet that stage in our life.
    Yeah i also heard that some general hospital nurses mistreating elder citizens , Our government should take action against them then only we can reduce these kind of abuses
    You're not going to master the rest of your life in one day. Don't stress. Master the day. Make this a daily reminder.