Try our "Help Me AI"

Thread: Tips on writing Blog posts?

Status
    Reputed Member
    Blog Entries

Tips on writing Blog posts?

Hi Everyone!

I'm supposed to write a blog for my company, even though I've an idea I'm not much clear about the framework of how the blog is supposed to be.

Anyone with past experiences can give me some tips so that it would be real helpful? 😊
    Your Last Mistake Is Your Best Teacher

Status
    Reputed Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shivani View Post
    Hi Everyone!

I'm supposed to write a blog for my company, even though I've an idea I'm not much clear about the framework of how the blog is supposed to be.

Anyone with past experiences can give me some tips so that it would be real helpful? 
    It totally depends on your writing style. I prefer my blogs to be informal and casual. Formal blogs sound detached to me. Casual tone creates a connection with the reader.
    Make it simpler. Use examples to explain complex concepts.
    Use short sentences instead of conjoined long ones. I try to do that, but I end up creating the long ones.
    Use subtle humor. It keeps the content interesting.
    Try simple vocabulary. readers like it when when they don't have to search for the meanings.
    If you're working on technical stuff, make sure to explain the keywords simply right there and mention the sources!

This is what I use in my blogs. Try these links to my articles. Might prove useful..
    Google’s vamped up Material Design UI is on the way | GGSLK

Status
    Reputed Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shana View Post
    It totally depends on your writing style. I prefer my blogs to be informal and casual. Formal blogs sound detached to me. Casual tone creates a connection with the reader.
    Use short sentences instead of conjoined long ones. I try to do that, but I end up creating the long ones.
    Try simple vocabulary. readers like it when when they don't have to search for the meanings.
    If you're working on technical stuff, make sure to explain the keywords simply right there and mention the sources!

This is what I use in my blogs. Try these links to my articles. Might prove useful..
    Thanks so much Shana! I'll go through those you have given above. Between having a doubt, will it be okay if I write informally with a little humour for an official blog if it's for a company?

Status
    Reputed Member
    Thanks so much Shana! I'll go through those you have given above. Between having a doubt, will it be okay if I write informally with a little humour for an official blog if it's for a company?
    Well, THAT depends on the content. If you're writing a formal thing like enotice or announcement, then it is formal definitely. But if it's kinda content you write for a topic, then it can be informal. Readers dig it.

Status
    Reputed Member
    Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=Shana;1821]It totally depends on your writing style. I prefer my blogs to be informal and casual. Formal
    Well, THAT depends on the content. If you're writing a formal thing like enotice or announcement, then it is formal definitely. But if it's kinda content you write for a topic, then it can be informal. Readers dig it.
    Thanks girl, that was really helpful!

Status
    Reputed Member
    Casual tone creates a connection with the reader.
    Absolutiely.
    One more tip from me, Sharing small stories in your blog posts also be attracted by the readers.
    Diligence is a mother of Good luck

Status
    Reputed Member
    Hi Everyone!

Anyone with past experiences can give me some tips so that it would be real helpful? 
    I have some experience in blog writing, these are some best tips to follow. Good luck with your writing.
    blog-tips.jpg

Status
    Administrator
    Blog Entries

Really nice tips Shana, it's shows your experience in blogging. I read your blog, it's really good. Keep going girl
    You're not going to master the rest of your life in one day. Don't stress. Master the day. Make this a daily reminder.

Status
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Assassin View Post
    I have some experience in blog writing, these are some best tips to follow. Good luck with your writing.
    blog-tips.jpg
    Thanks for sharing this infographics Assassin. They are very useful tips. Helped me to gather some points.
    You're not going to master the rest of your life in one day. Don't stress. Master the day. Make this a daily reminder.