Try our "Help Me AI"

Thread: What are the common causes of stress in university students?

Status
    Administrator
    Blog Entries

Question What are the common causes of stress in university students?

The university years have often been called "The greatest years of our lives" due to the fact that there is rarely a time when people learn so much, meet so many people, and experience so many new things at one time.With so many positive stories around, It can be easy to ignore the fact that there are also a large number of challenges present at a university. for many young students, It is possible that university could also end up being the most stressful years of their lives.

AS a university student what are the issues that makes you more stress ?

You're not going to master the rest of your life in one day. Don't stress. Master the day. Make this a daily reminder.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhavya View Post
    The university years have often been called "The greatest years of our lives" due to the fact that there is rarely a time when people learn so much, meet so many people, and experience so many new things at one time.With so many positive stories around, It can be easy to ignore the fact that there are also a large number of challenges present at a university. for many young students, It is possible that university could also end up being the most stressful years of their lives.

The first thing every student should face when coming to university is the reality.The school time practices and activities cannot be continued in the campus.An entire different angle of world is shown here.The completely dependent life becomes independent and during the change we come across many obstacles which develop stressful mind.

Home sick,senior atrocities,continuous lectures and practicals,hostel food,frequent travelling,room mates,new friendship, financial limitations,lonelyhours,suppressed emotions and inseparable responsibilities initiate stress factors.

Altogether we learn to be self motivated and we are completely given practices to strengthen our selves to face any kind of circumstances.

Status
    Reputed Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhavya View Post

i feel stress because i feel i am not following the correct course for me. the education system and social restrictions doesn't make a way for the students to go in to their favorite field

Status
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shan View Post
    The first thing every student should face when coming to university is the reality.The school time practices and activities cannot be continued in the campus.An entire different angle of world is shown here.The completely dependent life becomes independent and during the change we come across many obstacles which develop stressful mind.
    The independence you get at university is unbelievable,so embrace the fact the world is your oyster.Independence on offer is an essential factor as to why the first year is so fabulous.

Home sick,senior atrocities,continuous lectures and practicals,hostel food,frequent travelling,room mates,new friendship, financial limitations,lonelyhours,suppressed emotions and inseparable responsibilities initiate stress factors.
    I can understand the stress you are going through,But you have to get rid of it for your own good.

Here are some tips to reduce stress

• Schedule your study plan ( Day/week/month)
    • Be Organized
    • Listen music
    • Enjoy nature
    • Watch funny Videos
    • Talk with someone who cares(Mother)
    • Journal your thoughts
    • Take a walk daily
    • spend time helping others

Altogether we learn to be self motivated and we are completely given practices to strengthen our selves to face any kind of circumstances.
    Couldn't agree more,University life definitely make a student more mature and strong
    You're not going to master the rest of your life in one day. Don't stress. Master the day. Make this a daily reminder.

Status
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Karikaalan View Post
    i feel stress because i feel i am not following the correct course for me. the education system and social restrictions doesn't make a way for the students to go in to their favorite field
    I can understand your situation, It's become very disappointing when your are not following your passion,But don't dishearten yourself study the current field with interest just think your are gaining knowledge in a different field. you can follow your passion after finishing your degree Because there is no age limitation for following your passion

Status
    Thank you Bhavya.It is very clear and thoughtful.

Status
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shan View Post
    Thank you Bhavya.It is very clear and thoughtful.
    It's my pleasure, I will be glad if these tips help you to reduce your stress

Status
    Reputed Member
    I am stressed because of the continuous assessments, reports and etc. But, Mostly i stressed from the semester exams. Because, We have to memorize all the subjects for the exams. How can i get relief from this stress? Do you have any tips?
    Diligence is a mother of Good luck

Status
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhiya View Post
    I am stressed because of the continuous assessments, reports and etc. But, Mostly i stressed from the semester exams. Because, We have to memorize all the subjects for the exams. How can i get relief from this stress? Do you have any tips?
    Here are some tips to prepare for your semester exams and assignments

• Have a study plan before you start studying (day/week/month)
    • Attend all your lectures as much as possible
    • schedule your time for assignments
    • Have a group study session from this you can clear your doubts with your friends
    • Have your own unique technique for studies

PS: Hope these tips would be helpful to you