Try our "Help Me AI"
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Girls, share your experience on travelling alone in bus

Status
    Reputed Member

Question Girls, share your experience on travelling alone in bus

Both university students and employees who work far from their home would probably have to travel frequently.There are times where we have to travel alone and for girls this is literally a stressful situation.Especially when it comes travelling alone after 6 p.m(long distance).I personally feel insecured during these kind of situations and usually try to avoid travelling alone.However , as a female when there is an urge to travel alone what would be the tips you would give to feel secured?
    Do what is RIGHT, NOT what is EASY!

Status
    Reputed Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheero View Post
    Both university students and employees who work far from their home would probably have to travel frequently.There are times where we have to travel alone and for girls this is literally a stressful situation.Especially when it comes travelling alone after 6 p.m(long distance).I personally feel insecured during these kind of situations and usually try to avoid travelling alone.However , as a female when there is an urge to travel alone what would be the tips you would give to feel secured?
    Are you have your own bus to travel? Most probably there will no chance to travel in empty bus in evening time. The point I'm coming to say is your not alone, the bus is filled with 50+ passengers with you including girls in the bus. So don't grow a mentality you are travelling alone. I know the struggles the girls facing in bus, so mostly I travel with my girl colleges just in case of emergency. But I wish to tell all the girls who think like this don't be afraid all the time. It may reduce your confidence level low. So be brave.

Status
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    [QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by assassin View Post
    Are you have your own bus to travel? Most probably there will no chance to travel in empty bus in evening time. The point I'm coming to say is your not alone, the bus is filled with 50+ passengers with you including girls in the bus. So don't grow a mentality you are travelling alone.
    Absolutely you're right, If we think that we are travelling alone it will make us more stress.

I know the struggles the girls facing in bus, so mostly I travel with my girl colleges just in case of emergency.
    You're such a gentleman keep up your good work

But I wish to tell all the girls who think like this don't be afraid all the time. It may reduce your confidence level low. So be brave
    Yes, we girls should be confidence and brave then only we can face the abusive side of society more efficiently.
    You're not going to master the rest of your life in one day. Don't stress. Master the day. Make this a daily reminder.

Status
    Reputed Member
    Are you have your own bus to travel? Most probably there will no chance to travel in empty bus in evening time. The point I'm coming to say is your not alone, the bus is filled with 50+ passengers with you including girls in the bus. So don't grow a mentality you are travelling alone. I know the struggles the girls facing in bus, so mostly I travel with my girl colleges just in case of emergency. But I wish to tell all the girls who think like this don't be afraid all the time. It may reduce your confidence level low. So be brave.
    Thank you for your advice assassin�� But it's hard to come out of such thoughts.Only female could understand it better , the anonymous fear that arises no matter how many girls are in the bus.
    As you said it sometimes reduces our confidence level.Thanks to the technology which protects us and gives confidence most of the time��

Status
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    hank you for your advice assassin�� But it's hard to come out of such thoughts.Only female could understand it better , the anonymous fear that arises no matter how many girls are in the bus.
    Yeah it's hard but you have to train yourself to come out of that fear.It's all in our mentality.At starting i was like you ,But I train my self to be more confident.When you're going to travel in a bus think the positive things about the travel that will reduce your fear. If you think about the negative aspect of the travel then you will loose your confident and increase your fear more.I always do this which reduced my fear and boost my confident.
    You're not going to master the rest of your life in one day. Don't stress. Master the day. Make this a daily reminder.

Status
    Reputed Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhavya View Post
    Yeah it's hard but you have to train yourself to come out of that fear.It's all in our mentality.At starting i was like you ,But I train my self to be more confident.When you're going to travel in a bus think the positive things about the travel that will reduce your fear. If you think about the negative aspect of the travel then you will loose your confident and increase your fear more.I always do this which reduced my fear and boost my confident.
    Thank you Bhavya for your kind advice.I'll try to follow your tips in future��

Status
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Thank you Bhavya for your kind advice.I'll try to follow your tips in future��
    You are most welcome Sheero, Sure try this it will help you to overcome your fear

Status
    Reputed Member
    [QUOTE=Bhavya;2508]

Absolutely you're right, If we think that we are travelling alone it will make us more stress.
    Yes' it's all about how we thinking while on travelling.

You're such a gentleman keep up your good work
    But sometimes if I unable to go with them, they have to travel them. So I always motivate them to travel with confidence.

Yes, we girls should be confidence and brave then only we can face the abusive side of society more efficiently.
    That's my wish to, face the society with more confident.

Status
    Reputed Member
    Thank you for your advice assassin�� But it's hard to come out of such thoughts.Only female could understand it better , the anonymous fear that arises no matter how many girls are in the bus.
    As you said it sometimes reduces our confidence level.Thanks to the technology which protects us and gives confidence most of the time��
    I have a sister @Sheero, I know how hard it is. When my sister travel like this even I feel worried as well. Recently I went to Colombo with her. She just so ease in travel frankly say she handle everything better than me. It's all about only by herself I thought. She learned everything by herself. Fear is just a factor, sometimes I have travel with my female colleagues in night, some of them have to travel far from my destination. So I said them to "text me when you are home ", because of such an anonymous fear you said. It's inside of everyone boy or a girl. How we handle it, that matters.

Status
    Reputed Member
    I have travel with my female colleagues in night, some of them have to travel far from my destination. How we handle it, that matters.
    You are absolutely right assasin! It depends on how we handle. I've improved my self a bit than before in handling such situations. Thanks for sharing your thoughts

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast