Try our "Help Me AI"
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why Are Parents More Concerned About The Cast When It Comes Down To Marriages?

Status
    Reputed Member
    Blog Entries

Why Are Parents More Concerned About The Cast When It Comes Down To Marriages?

Hello everyone!

These days cast and religion are the two major aspects parents consider when it comes down to a marriage especially tamil parents! It doesn't matter whether it is a ''Love'' marriage or ''Arranged'' the first thing that comes out from our parents mouth is, '' What cast and religion she/he is?" If I'm right, this is what is happening in most of our homes.

Don't you guys think this is kind of an odd thing? A hurting thing especially if it a Love marriage? We know that this can't be literally stopped since this has uhmm I think the right word to be used here is '' TRADITION'' for us if I'm right?
    And religion is a problem as well, it is like we can't marry a person from a different religion if we do so either we would be chased out of our house or even killed

We all know that this can't be stopped, maybe you guys would have an idea on how to prevent this or something like that, so it would be great if you guys could go on and share your thoughts!
    Your Last Mistake Is Your Best Teacher

Status
    Reputed Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shivani View Post
    Hello everyone!

These days cast and religion are the two major aspects parents consider when it comes down to a marriage especially tamil parents! It doesn't matter whether it is a ''Love'' marriage or ''Arranged'' the first thing that comes out from our parents mouth is, '' What cast and religion she/he is?" If I'm right, this is what is happening in most of our homes.

Don't you guys think this is kind of an odd thing? A hurting thing especially if it a Love marriage? We know that this can't be literally stopped since this has uhmm I think the right word to be used here is '' TRADITION'' for us if I'm right?
    And religion is a problem as well, it is like we can't marry a person from a different religion if we do so either we would be chased out of our house or even killed

We all know that this can't be stopped, maybe you guys would have an idea on how to prevent this or something like that, so it would be great if you guys could go on and share your thoughts!
    That's the way the people wants the caste system to be in existence.
    Your question is only specific for certain cast which are 'said' to be the high caste.
    Caste slavery have been reduced in Sri Lanka to certain extent with the war. But in Tamil Nadu , it still exists in villages in a cruel manner. it should be noted that we were living with the cruel caste system before 1980 s and now it is ensuring it's existence by marriages. So mixed caste marriages are the only way to stop the survival of caste system . Our generation should realize that and make sure to end this barbaric system which is not at all suitable for humans.

Status
    Reputed Member
    Hello everyone!

It's one of their technique to preserve caste system for years.But I have seen a prominent change in the way our generation people approach the caste system.In my view the caste system is being reduced in many areas, not totally ,but atleast a step forward.Inter caste marriages are one of the major reasons for that.However we do need to take some steps to abolish caste system.Especially in those areas where it is being followed as a tradition.
    Do what is RIGHT, NOT what is EASY!

Status
    Reputed Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Karikaalan View Post
    So mixed caste marriages are the only way to stop the survival of caste system .
    Yes true, but do you really think that marrying between two different Caste's would really bring a solution? Won't that bring a even worser situations among the family?
    Getting married to two different caste would reduce this problem , but I think only few families out there would understand and agree with the marriages!

Status
    Reputed Member
    Hello everyone!

We're not exactly be the way like old people. Our dressing style, way of talking, interests are changed a lot. Like that the peoples mentality on this cast system should be changed.

Yes true, but do you really think that marrying between two different Caste's would really bring a solution? Won't that bring a even worser situations among the family?
    Yes it may get worst, but the people who getting married prove it wrong by living successfully. Then only the future generation forgot about caste isn't a factor for marriage.
    Mark my words, My wedding isn't an inter cast marriage. I don't expect someone to change the system, I'll be the change.

Status
    Reputed Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by assassin View Post
    We're not exactly be the way like old people. Our dressing style, way of talking, interests are changed a lot. Like that the peoples mentality on this cast system should be changed.
    yeah, changing is okay but im asking how? Do you have any other ideas?

Yes it may get worst, but the people who getting married prove it wrong by living successfully.
    That's really good but don't you think that marriages between two different castes could even break out race riots? First it will be a family problem then it might even end up in race riots this is what I personally think.

Status
    Reputed Member
    Blog Entries
    However we do need to take some steps to abolish caste system.Especially in those areas where it is being followed as a tradition.
    Hi sheero!

Your point does makes sense, but don't you REALLY think that caste system should be fully abolished? I think that it is not even a necessity, it just differentiates people and their relationships. If I'm right?

Status
    Reputed Member
    yeah, changing is okay but im asking how? Do you have any other ideas?
    The new generation getting so many experience. The proper education guide them to treat everyone equally. Then this caste system will faded away I think. For that change thins younger generation should change their mind set, simply the caste isn't a priority thing for marriage.

That's really good but don't you think that marriages between two different castes could even break out race riots? First it will be a family problem then it might even end up in race riots this is what I personally think.
    The caste system belong in same race, not in different race. First we need to remove that. If the parents ready to accept happiness of their kids is most priority than their fake prestige then everything will be solved.

Status
    Reputed Member

Hi sheero!

Your point does makes sense, but don't you REALLY think that caste system should be fully abolished? I think that it is not even a necessity, it just differentiates people and their relationships. If I'm right?
    It does differentiates people but not based on the contemporary factors. If you really need a caste system that matches to the current society, then you have to certainly revise them back because the caste system is mainly based on the types of job they did years ago! It doesn't match that much with the ones we do these days.

But,if you revise them now, I'm sure it needs to be revised again within a century or half !
    Do what is RIGHT, NOT what is EASY!

Status
    Reputed Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by assassin View Post
    The caste system belong in same race, not in different race. First we need to remove that. If the parents ready to accept happiness of their kids is most priority than their fake prestige then everything will be solved.
    This is true in fact, caste on marriages can only be stopped through parents mindset nobody else

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast