Try our "Help Me AI"

Thread: Do you think shyness ruin your self confidence?

Status
    Reputed Member

Question Do you think shyness ruin your self confidence?

Shyness might appear like an odd behavior but it is usually developed by the person to protect him/herself from getting exposed to people who might find their real worth. Do you think so?
    I think more than hiding our worth, it also destructing the self-confidence day by day. Can you suggest some ways to overcome shyness
    Let's be the change

Status
    Reputed Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Adiza View Post
    Shyness might appear like an odd behavior but it is usually developed by the person to protect him/herself from getting exposed to people who might find their real worth. Do you think so?
    I think more than hiding our worth, it also destructing the self-confidence day by day. Can you suggest some ways to overcome shyness
    Shyness can definitely ruin your self confidence and stop you from getting an exposure.I think friends could help in overcoming shyness. Advises are more accepted when it comes from a friend.Do discuss it with your friends.
    Do what is RIGHT, NOT what is EASY!

Status
    Reputed Member
    Blog Entries
    Hi!

Yes I'm a very shy type person and I really don't go all by myself and talk to people unless i get along more with them. I really find it hard to get rid of this behaviour where as I really want to get rid of this habit since it is really ruining up things in my life. Some tips would be real helpful guys!
    Your Last Mistake Is Your Best Teacher

Status
    Reputed Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheero View Post
    Shyness can definitely ruin your self confidence and stop you from getting an exposure.I think friends could help in overcoming shyness. Advises are more accepted when it comes from a friend.Do discuss it with your friends.
    Most of my friends have given me the push to overcome shyness. They are experts in that.
    Let's be the change

Status
    Reputed Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shivani View Post
    Hi!

Yes I'm a very shy type person and I really don't go all by myself and talk to people unless i get along more with them. I really find it hard to get rid of this behaviour where as I really want to get rid of this habit since it is really ruining up things in my life. Some tips would be real helpful guys!
    I have realized there are so many opportunities I missed because of this shyness. Even though I'm not an introvert I feel shy in certain situations.
    Let's be the change

Status
    Reputed Member
    Blog Entries
    Shyness is something there should be with someone. But there are instances to be shy. Actually, if we shy for everything it may directly affect your self-confidence. To do wrong things you should be shy.
    If we can engage in more social works, being social, Practicing to hold leadership can help to reduce shyness.
    Try to be Dynamic and Independent

Status
    Reputed Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorraine View Post
    If we can engage in more social works, being social, Practicing to hold leadership can help to reduce shyness.
    Hmm, being more social is also a good way to overcome shyness.
    Let's be the change

Status
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    I have realized there are so many opportunities I missed because of this shyness. Even though I'm not an introvert I feel shy in certain situations.
    I have been through the same situation Adiza, In my school days i was very shy to be on stage and I was a bookworm that time but when I went to another city for my higher studies I had to be bold which made me more confident and I started to grab every opportunities in my way. So you are right shyness kill our self-confidence.
    You're not going to master the rest of your life in one day. Don't stress. Master the day. Make this a daily reminder.

Status
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorraine View Post
    Shyness is something there should be with someone. But there are instances to be shy. Actually, if we shy for everything it may directly affect your self-confidence. To do wrong things you should be shy.
    Agree with you Lorraine, We should be shy to do wrong things which harm other or our own selves and you are right being social help us to boost our self-confidence.
    You're not going to master the rest of your life in one day. Don't stress. Master the day. Make this a daily reminder.