This week I've interviewed almost 11 People from various regions and different ethnics, During the interview one there is just Tamil candidate answered all the questions in (completely) in English! Her pronunciation, Grammar and elocution is absolutely great and the way she talk mesmerizing! During that time, she scored almost 90% interms of knowledge,Skill level and the job requirement criteria.

But,

When talking about her family & culture, she said like, born and raised in (hidden) province until A/L and then she went university of (hidden) where we all going (possibly) learn and improve sinhala, Tamil and English ( if we don't aware or weak) ! But, during the interview she refused to remain as she was a Tamil women even she stressed me (politely ? ) to call her name in a very fancy ( for me it's the name that she mentioned bit of terrible to even pronounce ) name instead of her real name ( that was so cute , memorable and the name itself having a power and influence).

My point is here:
It doesn't matter you are Sinhala, Tamil or Muslim or even you have the enough skills,knowledge or you are damn scholar in what you are doing right now! The moment you are refusing or trying to hide your mother tongue or the name , you lost your original identity, for me you are just a piece of s$#&@t!
For me, That score now turned as (minus) -100.

Be your own! Please....