Try our "Help Me AI"
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hiding your Mother Tongue or Your Real Name isn't a Style - Be Your Own Version!

Status
    Administrator
    Blog Entries

Exclamation Hiding your Mother Tongue or Your Real Name isn't a Style - Be Your Own Version!

This week I've interviewed almost 11 People from various regions and different ethnics, During the interview one there is just Tamil candidate answered all the questions in (completely) in English! Her pronunciation, Grammar and elocution is absolutely great and the way she talk mesmerizing! During that time, she scored almost 90% interms of knowledge,Skill level and the job requirement criteria.

But,

When talking about her family & culture, she said like, born and raised in (hidden) province until A/L and then she went university of (hidden) where we all going (possibly) learn and improve sinhala, Tamil and English ( if we don't aware or weak) ! But, during the interview she refused to remain as she was a Tamil women even she stressed me (politely ? ) to call her name in a very fancy ( for me it's the name that she mentioned bit of terrible to even pronounce ) name instead of her real name ( that was so cute , memorable and the name itself having a power and influence).

My point is here:
    It doesn't matter you are Sinhala, Tamil or Muslim or even you have the enough skills,knowledge or you are damn scholar in what you are doing right now! The moment you are refusing or trying to hide your mother tongue or the name , you lost your original identity, for me you are just a piece of s$#&@t!
    For me, That score now turned as (minus) -100.

Be your own! Please....
    Small Daily Improvements Always Lead To Exceptional Results Over Time. - Robin Sharma

Status
    Couldn't agree more.

I hate those people try to act like they don't speak their native language, but English.

Status
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MDilbara View Post
    Couldn't agree more.
    I hate those people try to act like they don't speak their native language, but English.
    You can see this everywhere! Pretending to be like they don't know their mother tongue isn't style or fashion, but it's an utter shame!
    Small Daily Improvements Always Lead To Exceptional Results Over Time. - Robin Sharma

Status
    Administrator
    Blog Entries

Story behind my name!

Here,I would like to share my story about my name.

My real name is Unique. so in my school days from teachers to students all had a problem to pronounce my name correctly,they used to call me Africa instead of My real name,And teased me that i am also dark and big like Africa continent.In my young age i was hurt and started to hate my name. At that time my mother used to told me that this is a name chose by my father for me even before i was created and also told me that it must have a beautiful meaning.Then i determined to find the meaning of name so i requested one of my Tamil teacher to find the meaning of my name.

He accepted my request and found out the meaning of my name.My name is one of the name of Hindu goddess Durga which means Highness in Sanskrit.After came to know about the beautiful meaning of my name i started to loving my name and whenever someone teased me i told them the meaning of my name then they shut their mouths and i also told them to learn to pronounce Tamil correctly

Eventually their teasing reduced, in my opinion, our name is our first identity given to us by our parents when we were just newborns.we shouldn't hide our names (first basic identity) and hurt our parents feelings because of some senseless people.

Status
    Administrator
    Blog Entries

You define your identity.

Quote Originally Posted by Beacon View Post
    This week I've interviewed almost 11 People from various regions and different ethnics, During the interview one there is just Tamil candidate answered all the questions in (completely) in English! Her pronunciation, Grammar and elocution is absolutely great and the way she talk mesmerizing! During that time, she scored almost 90% interms of knowledge,Skill level and the job requirement criteria.

But,

When talking about her family & culture, she said like, born and raised in (hidden) province until A/L and then she went university of (hidden) where we all going (possibly) learn and improve sinhala, Tamil and English ( if we don't aware or weak) ! But, during the interview she refused to remain as she was a Tamil women even she stressed me (politely ? ) to call her name in a very fancy ( for me it's the name that she mentioned bit of terrible to even pronounce ) name instead of her real name ( that was so cute , memorable and the name itself having a power and influence).

My point is here:
    It doesn't matter you are Sinhala, Tamil or Muslim or even you have the enough skills,knowledge or you are damn scholar in what you are doing right now! The moment you are refusing or trying to hide your mother tongue or the name , you lost your original identity, for me you are just a piece of s$#&@t!
    For me, That score now turned as (minus) -100.

Be your own! Please....

totally Agree with you, your mother tongue and mother land is your identity. you can speak different languages or live in different places but they can't be your identity, your identity is your origin where you begins

Status
    Blog Entries
    When a person can say i can comfortable on other languages than his/her native language is the shame thing. But we want to consider another thing normally we can't have any spoken practices for English so most of us use English words to practice our own. I use most of the English words while speaking but isn't mean i don't comfortable in my native language.
    Of course i can speak my native language than English.

Status
    Reputed Member
    Hey, I heard your name very first time. Yes! Your name is slightly different but really I attracted from your name. Sure, I'll pronounce your name as your wish. Hiding our original name is a senseless thing. Our identity is our native name. Be original as you.

Status
    Reputed Member
    That's right premisha. I am proud to be a tamil. I like to speak in my mother tongue but I speak English to improve my Spoken English skills like you. I never speak other language to anyone who don't know the other language. We have to understand that language is the thing which is used to communicate with other people. First, We have to understand that. Be our own version always.

Status
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhiya View Post
    Hey , I heard your name very first time. Yes! Your name is slightly different but really I attracted from your name. Sure, I'll pronounce your name as your wish. Hiding our original name is a senseless thing. Our identity is our native name. Be original as you.
    Thank you Dhiya, I saw some people changed their original names into some fancy names on their birth certificates as well so that they can make that fancy names as their official names.
    i don't know, can someone hate their own name this much ? ,it's really ridiculous .
    You're not going to master the rest of your life in one day. Don't stress. Master the day. Make this a daily reminder.

Status
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Thenuka View Post
    That's right premisha. I am proud to be a tamil. I like to speak in my mother tongue but I speak English to improve my Spoken English skills like you. I never speak other language to anyone who don't know the other language. We have to understand that language is the thing which is used to communicate with other people. First, We have to understand that. Be our own version always.
    True, actually some people think if you can speak in english you are more knowledgeable, they should understand english is just a language not a knowledge.
    You're not going to master the rest of your life in one day. Don't stress. Master the day. Make this a daily reminder.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast