Try our "Help Me AI"

Thread: Is Taking Selfie A Mental Disorder?

Status
    Reputed Member
    Blog Entries

Question Is Taking Selfie A Mental Disorder?

Hello guys!!

These days people are more addicted with taking selfies which isn't a fault but we have become addicted to taking selfies and posting them on social media.

A couple of years ago a research has shown that taking selfies was a mental disorder but recently it has been proven that people take selfies and post them on social media because to boost their confidence, improve their moods & make memories plus to conform all these with the social media group and be competitive

Why do you guys think that people are always getting more involved in taking selfies and posting them on social media? What do you think the reason would be? Share, if you have any other ideas about this?
    Your Last Mistake Is Your Best Teacher

Status
    Reputed Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shivani View Post
    Hello guys!!

These days people are more addicted with taking selfies which isn't a fault but we have become addicted to taking selfies and posting them on social media.

A couple of years ago a research has shown that taking selfies was a mental disorder but recently it has been proven that people take selfies and post them on social media because to boost their confidence, improve their moods & make memories plus to conform all these with the social media group and be competitive

Why do you guys think that people are always getting more involved in taking selfies and posting them on social media? What do you think the reason would be? Share, if you have any other ideas about this?
    Few months before I was addicted to selfies. But now I have reduced myself from taking selfies.. yeah, it is a kinda mental disorder. Once you click a selfie, you are not going to satisfied, you take a lot of clicks to choose the best from them..At last your gallery will look like a trash.. each pose 10- 20 photos.. Really we are wasting our time, phone storage. Selfie would be best if we got satisfied with one or 2 click. Sadest part is, we totally forget to enjoy the moment. Wherever we go we start to take lot of selfies, forget to enjoy at the moment.

Status
    Reputed Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Adiza View Post
    Really we are wasting our time, phone storage. Selfie would be best if we got satisfied with one or 2 click. Sadest part is, we totally forget to enjoy the moment. Wherever we go we start to take lot of selfies, forget to enjoy at the moment.
    If we're satisfied with one or two pictures then that would be alright but just as you said we waste time in taking too many pictures to choose the best from them.

Adiza, and why do you think people are so much fond of posting their special moments on social media instantly?
    Your Last Mistake Is Your Best Teacher

Status
    Reputed Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shivani View Post
    Hello guys!!

I have read some articles which is mention about taking selfies is a kind of addiction, especially the expression or the posses the girls gave for selfies are really make me think about it is a mental disorder.

Sadest part is, we totally forget to enjoy the moment.
    It's really true. Not only selfies, some people spend more time on taking photographs. Just a click to remember is enough I think.

Status
    Reputed Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by assassin View Post
    I have read some articles which is mention about taking selfies is a kind of addiction, especially the expression or the posses the girls gave for selfies are really make me think about it is a mental disorder.
    Yes assassin! It has been proven as a mental disorder, but personally I think people who always spend most of their on taking selfies like for every minute must have a mental disorder only them not the rest probably!

Status
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Moana View Post
    Hello guys!!

Yes taking too much selfie is kind of a mental disorder, because you become addicted to it and fail to enjoy the real moment. It's waste your time,take away the fun of real moment, and make addicted.
    You're not going to master the rest of your life in one day. Don't stress. Master the day. Make this a daily reminder.