Try our "Help Me AI"
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is it a right choice to intake medicines without consulting a doctor?

Status
    Reputed Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheero View Post
    Nowadays people get sick frequently because of the unexpected changes in the climate and heavy exposure to the sun! Hence medicines have become a part of our life. Many of us have a habit of taking medicines like Panadol,Amoxcicilin etc. which we think could cure our sickness without being prescribed by a doctor.
    This might cause side effects, especially when you have any allergies or other serious diseases.

What do you think, is it OK to intake such medicines without a doctor's consultation? If not, what would be the side effects ?
    I have seen some people who taking panadol for anything happens to them like headache or fever. I never do that kind a thing in my life, taking medicine without prescription will brings you side effects, some times it affects your immunity system. So better avoid taking medicine randomly.

Status
    Reputed Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorraine View Post
    Heart attack
    Stroke
    High blood pressure
    Kidney problems including kidney failure
    Bleeding and ulcers in stomach and intestine
    Life-threating allergic reactions
    Liver problems including liver failure
    Low red blood cells(anaemia)
    These are some of the serious side effects of consuming medicines without prescriptions and
    Stomach pain
    diarrhoea
    Gas
    Vomiting
    Can be identified as other side effects
    Thank you Lorraine for sharing these facts.It was really helpful
    Do what is RIGHT, NOT what is EASY!

Status
    Reputed Member
    Quote Originally Posted by assassin View Post
    I have seen some people who taking panadol for anything happens to them like headache or fever. I never do that kind a thing in my life, taking medicine without prescription will brings you side effects, some times it affects your immunity system. So better avoid taking medicine randomly.
    Thank you assassin for your suggestions. Yes, I've also heard that our body will get immune to those medicines and later on it won't help us to get rid of the sickness.

Status
    Reputed Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheero View Post
    Nowadays people get sick frequently because of the unexpected changes in the climate and heavy exposure to the sun! Hence medicines have become a part of our life. Many of us have a habit of taking medicines like Panadol, Amoxicillin etc. which we think could cure our sickness without being prescribed by a doctor.
    This might cause side effects, especially when you have any allergies or other serious diseases.

What do you think, is it OK to intake such medicines without a doctor's consultation? If not, what would be the side effects?
    Nope! definitely no! Whatever tablet it might be it's not advisable to take them without prescription. Too much of anything is good for nothing, be it a tablet or poison.
    In fact, most of us do this including me because it feels kinda waste to go to the doctor for simple garden-variety cold and fever. Bad habit but unavoidable.

Status
    Reputed Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shana View Post
    Bad habit but unavoidable.
    Well said. I'm trying hard to get rid of this habit but, keep failing always

Status
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Helena View Post
    Well said. I'm trying hard to get rid of this habit but, keep failing always
    If we are determine and take efforts we can change any bad habits. First get rid of all the stock medicines you have , If you don't have the medicine you won't take it.
    You're not going to master the rest of your life in one day. Don't stress. Master the day. Make this a daily reminder.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12