Try our "Help Me AI"
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Multitasking a boon or a bane?

Status
    Reputed Member

Multitasking a boon or a bane?

Multi tasking is simply accomplishing many tasks at once.People keep switching tasks focusing on multiple things simultaneously.Many refer multitasking as a way to increase productivity as well as to improve our brain health, while some are against that point!

What do you guys think? Is it an efficient way to complete tasks or not, discuss your views.
    Do what is RIGHT, NOT what is EASY!

Status
    Reputed Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheero View Post
    Multi tasking is simply accomplishing many tasks at once.People keep switching tasks focusing on multiple things simultaneously.Many refer multitasking as a way to increase productivity as well as to improve our brain health, while some are against that point!

What do you guys think? Is it an efficient way to complete tasks or not, discuss your views.
    I would say there are pros and cons in multi tasking. It is an efficient way, when you do multitasking you feel like you are handling everything superbly. But several time you may loose focus on important things.
    Let's be the change

Status
    Reputed Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Adiza View Post
    I would say there are pros and cons in multi tasking. It is an efficient way, when you do multitasking you feel like you are handling everything superbly. But several time you may loose focus on important things.
    You are right we cannot actually focus on a particular task. But people say that multitasking helps them in finishing tasks faster, is it so?

Status
    Reputed Member
    You are right we cannot actually focus on a particular task. But people say that multitasking helps them in finishing tasks faster, is it so?
    True, for example our mother, they process a lot of things at same time like supercomputer

Status
    Reputed Member
    Blog Entries

Yes, it is surely increasing the productivity. When someone is working on multiple tasks they always tend to concentrate on each and every task they have to finish. But if someone is just having one work to finish they are not concentrating on the work. In my life, I have faced that. When I have fewer works I am not doing any. But When I have multiple tasks I am concentrating on all. Because I know that I have a less time to do all and I have a lot to do.
    Try to be Dynamic and Independent

Status
    Reputed Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorraine View Post
    Yes, it is surely increasing the productivity. When someone is working on multiple tasks they always tend to concentrate on each and every task they have to finish. But if someone is just having one work to finish they are not concentrating on the work. In my life, I have faced that. When I have fewer works I am not doing any. But When I have multiple tasks I am concentrating on all. Because I know that I have a less time to do all and I have a lot to do.
    Don't you feel like the multitasking reduces the quality of the output,?.The quantity may increase but not the quality I guess

Status
    Administrator
    Blog Entries

Multitasking is a good thing,It will make you to manage your time,increase your thinking process also keep you active and productive,
    But it's not always work some times you lost your focus from the important thing,So we have to priorities the thing while doing multi tasking.
    You're not going to master the rest of your life in one day. Don't stress. Master the day. Make this a daily reminder.

Status
    Reputed Member

It's good practice to train your mind to multitasking, but some kind of activities need to be focus only one thing. While you eating you can enjoy a movie but you can't enjoy your food sometimes. So based on priorities it may differ. In multitasking which task we focus on will give us good results.

Status
    Reputed Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhavya View Post
    But it's not always work some times you lost your focus from the important thing,So we have to priorities the thing while doing multi tasking.
    I accept your point,prioritizing works would help in making quality outputs

Status
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    I accept your point,prioritizing works would help in making quality outputs
    Yeah prioritizing will help us to finish our task quickly and efficiently.
    You're not going to master the rest of your life in one day. Don't stress. Master the day. Make this a daily reminder.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast