Try our "Help Me AI"

Thread: Do You Support Gay Marriage?

Status
    Reputed Member
    Blog Entries

Do You Support Gay Marriage?

Guys,

Nowadays the number of gay marriages has increased and has also become an important thing we all need to look into because Sri Lankan culture doesn't support gay marriage but there are people out there who are in relationships, even in open relationships!

Recently an incident happened in a Sinhalese place where two Sinhalese gay couples were in love but weren't accepted by their families to get legally married so they were separated! What those two girls did was they murdered both the sides parents and currently are in a living together relationship. I really don't know what actually happened after that.

Do you guys think that Gay marriage should be legal in Sri lanka just as it is in the Europe side? DO YOU GUYS SUPPORT GAY MARRIAGES? Kindly share us your thoughts and opinions!
    Your Last Mistake Is Your Best Teacher

Status
    Reputed Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shivani View Post
    Guys,

Nowadays the number of gay marriages has increased and has also become an important thing we all need to look into because Sri Lankan culture doesn't support gay marriage but there are people out there who are in relationships, even in open relationships!

Recently an incident happened in a Sinhalese place where two Sinhalese gay couples were in love but weren't accepted by their families to get legally married so they were separated! What those two girls did was they murdered both the sides parents and currently are in a living together relationship. I really don't know what actually happened after that.

Do you guys think that Gay marriage should be legal in Sri Lanka just as it is in the Europe side? DO YOU GUYS SUPPORT GAY MARRIAGES? Kindly share us your thoughts and opinions!
    I never think it a possible thing to happen. Even I don't like to think about it. Sri Lanka is having unique culture and traditions... But this topic is 100% not matching with our culture. Therefore it is not acceptable by Sri Lanka.
    Try to be Dynamic and Independent

Status
    Reputed Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorraine View Post
    I never think it a possible thing to happen. Even I don't like to think about it. Sri Lanka is having unique culture and traditions... But this topic is 100% not matching with our culture. Therefore it is not acceptable by Sri Lanka.
    yeah right itis not acceptable n sri lanka but i think it is not a faulty thing because it is a feeling between 2 different genders their hormpnes play the main role so however this has to be accepted. This is what I personally think!

Status
    Reputed Member
    yeah right itis not acceptable n sri lanka but i think it is not a faulty thing because it is a feeling between 2 different genders their hormpnes play the main role so however this has to be accepted. This is what I personally think!
    Though my mind understand that they too have feelings, but I'm unable to accept it for now. Foreign countries allow homosexual marriages, but in our country it is illegal. We have our own culture. We are not used to it. I feel awkward towards homosexual marriages.

Status
    Reputed Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Adiza View Post
    Though my mind understand that they too have feelings, but I'm unable to accept it for now. Foreign countries allow homosexual marriages, but in our country it is illegal. We have our own culture. We are not used to it. I feel awkward towards homosexual marriages.

Hi there!

Gay marriages are not encouraged in Sri lanka right! However it is the hormonal change that causes people to fall into such relationships which can't be forceably changed.

So where do you think these types of people would go to get married with their partners? Should they move to other countries?

Status
    Reputed Member
    Guys,

Do you guys think that Gay marriage should be legal in Sri lanka just as it is in the Europe side? DO YOU GUYS SUPPORT GAY MARRIAGES? Kindly share us your thoughts and opinions!
    Gays or lesbians.
    It is individual right ..
    People usually get attracted to opposite sex. Some people get attracted to same sex . Not being the majority is the only fault of them . We should accept this and not hurt their feelings.
    I heard that it is not just lust. They fall in love. We should respect their sexual feelings. Everyone has their own individual rights.

Status
    Reputed Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Karikaalan View Post
    Gays or lesbians.
    People usually get attracted to opposite sex. Some people get attracted to same sex . Not being the majority is the only fault of them . We should accept this and not hurt their feelings.
    I heard that it is not just lust. They fall in love. We should respect their sexual feelings. Everyone has their own individual rights.

True that , your points are really agreeable! Its not about lust but love

Status
    Reputed Member
    Guys,

I think it's not up to us to decide. regardless of our culture and traditions, some things happen and they should be accepted whether or not we like it. Because all human beings have the right to choose their partners and if they're of the same gender, that is not something to be frowned upon. Instead of forcing them to marry an opposite gender individual and spoil both of their lives, we could just let them live the way they want. That way it's a win-win.
    It's about hormones and feelings. Not something that could be controlled. Even the most gifted minds as Alan Turing was made to take medications to make his "GAYNESS" go away, that ended up in his suicide. The world lost a brilliant mind because of the judgment we make towards gay individuals.

Watch "Imitation Game" movie if you wanna know about the struggle Turing went through to make a breakthrough while hiding his sexuality.

Status
    Reputed Member
    True that , your points are really agreeable! Its not about lust but love
    Even if it is about lust, it is their rights too.
    There is nothing wrong in it

Status
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Karikaalan View Post
    Gays or lesbians.
    Well said Karikaalan, Not being the majority is the reason they are not accepted by our society, but nowadays lots of countries are accepting Homosexual marriages who know in future It will be legalized in Sri Lanka also.
    You're not going to master the rest of your life in one day. Don't stress. Master the day. Make this a daily reminder.