Try our "Help Me AI"

Thread: Wastage of fruits and vegetables during seasonal harvest! How to reduce it?

Status
    Reputed Member

Question Wastage of fruits and vegetables during seasonal harvest! How to reduce it?

The seasonal time for many fruits and vegetables has started and many parts of the island are enriched with naturally ripped fruits like jak fruits,mangoes,rambutans etc.

Apart from the farmers many people grow their own fruit tree or vegetables in their house and end up harvesting a large number of them.But the sad part is that,even after sharing them with their family and neighbours they are left with many fruits and vegetables which ends up as a waste and are thrown into the garbage. This is mainly because of the less knowledge on selling them or making use of the left overs.
    Please share any ideas to prevent this wasteage and to make use of the extra fruits and veggies.
    Do what is RIGHT, NOT what is EASY!

Status
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Helena View Post
    The seasonal time for many fruits and vegetables has started and many parts of the island are enriched with naturally ripped fruits like jak fruits,mangoes,rambutans etc.

Apart from the farmers many people grow their own fruit tree or vegetables in their house and end up harvesting a large number of them.But the sad part is that,even after sharing them with their family and neighbours they are left with many fruits and vegetables which ends up as a waste and are thrown into the garbage. This is mainly because of the less knowledge on selling them or making use of the left overs.
    Please share any ideas to prevent this wasteage and to make use of the extra fruits and veggies.

Storing fruits and veggies properly help us to prevent waste and also as you said making the proper use of leftovers also help us to reduce the wastage.
    You're not going to master the rest of your life in one day. Don't stress. Master the day. Make this a daily reminder.