Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Why do youngsters try to commit suicide for some silly reasons?

  1. #1
    Status
    Offline
    Helena's Avatar
    Reputed Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    468
       Rep Power
    12

    Unhappy Why do youngsters try to commit suicide for some silly reasons?

    Recently I came across an incident where a young couple had a fight and the boy cut his hand due to the argument between them.Fortunately some people saw them and admitted the boy in the nearest hospital.The doctors said that he lost more blood and almost near to death!

    The bitter truth is that both of them are undergraduates
    ! Why do youngesters nowadays try to commit suicides or do this type of mad things for some silly reasons? Are they trying to prove themselves or is it an escapism from problems around them?

    Share your thoughts.
    Do what is RIGHT, NOT what is EASY!

  2. #2
    Status
    Offline
    Shana's Avatar
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    757
       Rep Power
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by Helena View Post
    Recently I came across an incident where a young couple had a fight and the boy cut his hand due to the argument between them. Fortunately, some people saw them and admitted the boy to the nearest hospital. The doctors said that he lost more blood and almost near to death!

    The bitter truth is that both of them are undergraduates
    ! Why do youngsters nowadays try to commit suicides or do this type of mad things for some silly reasons? Are they trying to prove themselves or is it an escapism from problems around them?

    Share your thoughts.
    I guess it's because undergrads and youth tend to exaggerate the seriousness of an issue. Everything starting from an FB like to a comment affects us a lot because we have allowed those media to affect our lives.
    And each and every moment is being trumpeted over the social media which leads to massive exposure to our personal lives. These things lead to over thinking a problem or over glorifying a simple issue, which stresses the youth up to making them feel helpless for a simple problem. That sense of helplessness is the reason for suicides, in my POV.

  3. #3
    Status
    Offline
    Wondergirl's Avatar
    Reputed Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    vavuniya
    Posts
    468
       Rep Power
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by Helena View Post
    Recently I came across an incident where a young couple had a fight and the boy cut his hand due to the argument between them.Fortunately some people saw them and admitted the boy in the nearest hospital.The doctors said that he lost more blood and almost near to death!

    The bitter truth is that both of them are undergraduates
    ! Why do youngsters nowadays try to commit suicides or do this type of mad things for some silly reasons? Are they trying to prove themselves or is it an escapism from problems around them?

    Share your thoughts.
    yes, mostly Why youngsters Choose suicides ,
    They're depressed.
    They're psychotic .
    They re impulsive.
    They are crying out for help.
    They have a philosophical desire
    They're made mistake .
    this is a major issues among the youngsters so how can help them ,,
    Providing a stable ,safe physical and emotional home environment.
    Spending quality time with them
    Encouraging the appropriate expression of emotions .

  4. #4
    Status
    Offline
    Bhavya's Avatar
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Vavuniya, Srilanka
    Posts
    4,632
    Blog Entries
    41
       Rep Power
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Helena View Post
    Recently I came across an incident where a young couple had a fight and the boy cut his hand due to the argument between them.Fortunately some people saw them and admitted the boy in the nearest hospital.The doctors said that he lost more blood and almost near to death!

    The bitter truth is that both of them are undergraduates
    ! Why do youngesters nowadays try to commit suicides or do this type of mad things for some silly reasons? Are they trying to prove themselves or is it an escapism from problems around them?

    Share your thoughts.
    I think they are mentally unstable which make them to react instantly for the situation.Our youngsters tend to make decisions in a hurry,If they think and analyse the situation before they make decisions,they can avoid foolish acts.
    You're not going to master the rest of your life in one day. Don't stress. Master the day. Make this a daily reminder.

  5. #5
    Status
    Offline
    Karikaalan's Avatar
    Reputed Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Vavuniya
    Posts
    339
       Rep Power
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by Helena View Post
    Recently I came across an incident where a young couple had a fight and the boy cut his hand due to the argument between them.Fortunately some people saw them and admitted the boy in the nearest hospital.The doctors said that he lost more blood and almost near to death!

    The bitter truth is that both of them are undergraduates
    ! Why do youngesters nowadays try to commit suicides or do this type of mad things for some silly reasons? Are they trying to prove themselves or is it an escapism from problems around them?

    Share your thoughts.
    Most youngesters have dipped into social medias . So they rarely have friends in reality to whom they can look into their eyes and share the stresses. Social medias have a great part in increasing stress .. Listening quality of our soceity also have gone mad . People use smart phones while someone is telling their issues. Good relationships that can overtake the social medias will reduce the suicide rate.

  6. #6
    Status
    Offline
    Helena's Avatar
    Reputed Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    468
       Rep Power
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by Shana View Post
    I guess it's because undergrads and youth tend to exaggerate the seriousness of an issue. Everything starting from an FB like to a comment affects us a lot because we have allowed those media to affect our lives.
    And each and every moment is being trumpeted over the social media which leads to massive exposure to our personal lives. These things lead to over thinking a problem or over glorifying a simple issue, which stresses the youth up to making them feel helpless for a simple problem. That sense of helplessness is the reason for suicides, in my POV.
    So you say that the social media is the key for all these problems? But the people I mentioned are Undergraduates and they have more exposure towards the society.Won't it be helpful for them to handle such issues in a much better way? Don't you think the society lacks something?
    Do what is RIGHT, NOT what is EASY!

  7. #7
    Status
    Offline
    Helena's Avatar
    Reputed Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    468
       Rep Power
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    yes, mostly Why youngsters Choose suicides ,
    They're depressed.
    They're psychotic .
    They re impulsive.
    They are crying out for help.
    They have a philosophical desire
    They're made mistake .
    this is a major issues among the youngsters so how can help them ,,
    Providing a stable ,safe physical and emotional home environment.
    Spending quality time with them
    Encouraging the appropriate expression of emotions .
    Thank you for sharing these ideas Wondergirl. As you mentioned spending more time with a correct person who can motivate them can help to reduce such incidents.
    Do what is RIGHT, NOT what is EASY!

  8. #8
    Status
    Offline
    Helena's Avatar
    Reputed Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    468
       Rep Power
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhavya View Post
    I think they are mentally unstable which make them to react instantly for the situation.Our youngsters tend to make decisions in a hurry,If they think and analyse the situation before they make decisions,they can avoid foolish acts.
    You are correct Bhavya. Most of the youngsters don't have patience at all and that makes the situations even worse.
    Do what is RIGHT, NOT what is EASY!

  9. #9
    Status
    Offline
    Helena's Avatar
    Reputed Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    468
       Rep Power
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by Karikaalan View Post
    Most youngesters have dipped into social medias . So they rarely have friends in reality to whom they can look into their eyes and share the stresses. Social medias have a great part in increasing stress .. Listening quality of our soceity also have gone mad . People use smart phones while someone is telling their issues. Good relationships that can overtake the social medias will reduce the suicide rate.
    Thank you for sharing your view Karikaalan. You are right, people have almost stopped spending time in reality,every one runs behind the virtual world.If you have any ideas to overcome such problems, please do share it.
    Do what is RIGHT, NOT what is EASY!

  10. #10
    Status
    Offline
    Bhavya's Avatar
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Vavuniya, Srilanka
    Posts
    4,632
    Blog Entries
    41
       Rep Power
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Karikaalan View Post
    Most youngesters have dipped into social medias . So they rarely have friends in reality to whom they can look into their eyes and share the stresses. Social medias have a great part in increasing stress .. Listening quality of our soceity also have gone mad . People use smart phones while someone is telling their issues. Good relationships that can overtake the social medias will reduce the suicide rate.
    Well said Karikaalan, Social media is one the main reason for increase level of stress and suicides in youngsters. Our young generation stop valuing the necessary and important of real relationships. Parents should teach the value of real relationships to our children.
    You're not going to master the rest of your life in one day. Don't stress. Master the day. Make this a daily reminder.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-20-2019, 05:27 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-15-2019, 05:42 PM
  3. Do our youngsters having behavioral problems?
    By Bhavya in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-23-2018, 11:10 AM
  4. Why do children commit crimes & How should they be handle?
    By Bhavya in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-12-2018, 09:53 AM
  5. A song that made ''19'' people to commit suicide!!
    By Moana in forum Music & Entertainment
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-30-2018, 05:20 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Who We Are

The Hub Sri Lanka is an online community portal for all the Sri Lankan digital Citizen's to enthusiastically learn and connect with the society by enormously increasing their knowledge and careers through an extensive collaborative marketplace.

Join us
RSS RSS 2.0 XML MAP HTML