Try our "Help Me AI"

Thread: What ended your relationship with your best friend?

Status
    Reputed Member

What ended your relationship with your best friend?

We all come across good friends and some end up our best friends.
    But sometimes, circumstances end the friendship in the name of ego, misunderstanding and jealous. I had a good friend and I still don't know what happened between us. She was the sweetest, sensitive girl who took care of me like my mother and I know that she deserves someone else as her bestie. But she chose me and I chose her. But we started drifting apart on one misunderstanding and partly the fault is on my side for chasing after my dreams and of course, I started giving most of my attention towards my passion. That made her feel unappreciated and she doesn't deserve that.

That resulted in her ending our friendship, where I thought she would understand me.

Did this happen to you as well?
    What ended your relationship with your bestie?

Status
    Reputed Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shana View Post
    But sometimes, circumstances end the friendship in the name of ego, misunderstanding and jealous. I had a good friend and I still don't know what happened between us. She was the sweetest, sensitive girl who took care of me like my mother and I know that she deserves someone else as her bestie. But she chose me and I chose her. But we started drifting apart on one misunderstanding and partly the fault is on my side for chasing after my dreams and of course, I started giving most of my attention towards my passion. That made her feel unappreciated and she doesn't deserve that.

That resulted in her ending our friendship, where I thought she would understand me.

For the same reason as you, I have lost touch with some of my friends. Chasing dreams .. but most of my best friends do understand my situation but one or two have went away from the 'best' friend status. It makes me worriy a lot.

Status
    Reputed Member

I have a best friend, who was really close to me. He is the 1st male bestie, who is absolutely special for me. His friendship is the best thing happened in my life. He is more than just a friend, well wisher, care taker also have same frequency of naughtiness like me. Like my twin bro. We always have a good understanding. But few months ago we stopped talking to each others because of our ego. I know, that I have made the mistake, I apologized too. But he was not ready to accept it. It was a very small problem, but it affected him badly. He started his ego trip, and went crazily. We ended our relationship before it turns ugly. Even now, he is not replaced by any others. He is always my bestie.

Status
    Reputed Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Karikaalan View Post
    For the same reason as you, I have lost touch with some of my friends. Chasing dreams .. but most of my best friends do understand my situation but one or two have went away from the 'best' friend status. It makes me worriy a lot.
    Same here... I'm still in touch with her. But I don't feel the connection we had when we were besties...
    I tried talking to her and understand the problem, but somehow she feels as if I had betrayed her somehow. I couldn' t focus on her for some time because of my commitments, but she distanced herself away from me as to treat me as a 3rd person. I didn't want to miss her... But here we are.

Status
    Reputed Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Adiza View Post
    I have a best friend, who was really close to me. He is the 1st male bestie, who is absolutely special for me. His friendship is the best thing happened in my life. He is more than just a friend, well wisher, care taker also have same frequency of naughtiness like me. Like my twin bro. We always have a good understanding. But few months ago we stopped talking to each others because of our ego. I know, that I have made the mistake, I apologized too. But he was not ready to accept it. It was a very small problem, but it affected him badly. He started his ego trip, and went crazily. We ended our relationship before it turns ugly. Even now, he is not replaced by any others. He is always my bestie.
    Sometimes a simple mistake makes a bigger impact. maybe the mistake you made was the last nail on the coffin for him. Because as I understood from my case, friendship doesn't break off just like that. When a lot of things have happened, even a simple harsh word is enough to blast up a relationship. A good long discussion with him is due for you, I guess.

Status
    Reputed Member
    Blog Entries

Echo ended my childhood friend. I still miss that relationship!
    Your Last Mistake Is Your Best Teacher

Status
    Reputed Member
    Sometimes a simple mistake makes a bigger impact. maybe the mistake you made was the last nail on the coffin for him. Because as I understood from my case, friendship doesn't break off just like that. When a lot of things have happened, even a simple harsh word is enough to blast up a relationship. A good long discussion with him is due for you, I guess.
    Yes, When I was busy with my studies I couldn't talk to him as earlier. Because of that, he was disappointed with me and that last incident broke his patience. Maybe in the future, I will talk to him definitely.
    Let's be the change

Status
    Administrator
    Blog Entries

One of my best friend from childhood bad mouth my another bestie , I fought with her for that and that was the end of our friendship. It's been 4 years I have stopped talking to her. Now, she is in abroad for her higher studies. hope she is doing well.
    You're not going to master the rest of your life in one day. Don't stress. Master the day. Make this a daily reminder.