Try our "Help Me AI"

Thread: Why do we have Body Shaming in our society?

Status
    Reputed Member

Why do we have Body Shaming in our society?

"Thin is beautiful"
    Something all girls got to listen from either our parents or our relatives...
    Every person in this world is analyzed and judged b their waist size. if someone looks fat, then people start having 2nd thoughts of their personal skills and capabilities.

Meanwhile, thin and slim ones are considered chic and classy. What kind of logic is this?

And it doesn't stop there! The discrimination continues with pressure and sneers around them asking them to slim themselves down to look beautiful. The thing they don't understand is, everyone is uniquely beautiful.

Why do you think the society is this way?
    Why can't we stop body shaming people?

Status
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shana View Post
    "Thin is beautiful"
    Something all girls got to listen from either our parents or our relatives...
    Every person in this world is analyzed and judged b their waist size. if someone looks fat, then people start having 2nd thoughts of their personal skills and capabilities.

Meanwhile, thin and slim ones are considered chic and classy. What kind of logic is this?

And it doesn't stop there! The discrimination continues with pressure and sneers around them asking them to slim themselves down to look beautiful. The thing they don't understand is, everyone is uniquely beautiful.

Why do you think the society is this way?
    Why can't we stop body shaming people?
    True Shana as a chubby girl I have faced and currently facing this situation. Body shaming become a part of my life. People do it as a joke without understanding how it's hurt the particular person. I n my childhood this body shaming made me feel worthless,ugly and unloved. now I get use to it and I started to give the love I needed for myself without expecting it from others.I am happy with my own curvious shape and color.So I stop caring about others opinion.

The very sad thing is after body shaming they will say " hey don't take it serious it's just for fun" I would Like to tell them "shaming my body is not at all a fun thing for me."
    You're not going to master the rest of your life in one day. Don't stress. Master the day. Make this a daily reminder.