Try our "Help Me AI"

Thread: Gender Discrimination: Still holding back many?

Status
    Reputed Member
    Blog Entries

Gender Discrimination: Still holding back many?

Hello People!

Sex/gender discrimination in a workplace involves mistreating someone because of the person’s sex, whether they are applying for a job or are a current employee. Although women have proven to have the same skills and success as men do, the issue of gender discrimination still holding many back from their career. Do you have any experience on Gender Discrimination, Is it happening at your workplace? Kindly share it with us!
    Your Last Mistake Is Your Best Teacher

Status
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Moana View Post
    Hello People!

Sex/gender discrimination in a workplace involves mistreating someone because of the person’s sex, whether they are applying for a job or are a current employee. Although women have proven to have the same skills and success as men do, the issue of gender discrimination still holding many back from their career. Do you have any experience on Gender Discrimination, Is it happening at your workplace? Kindly share it with us!
    I didn't experience any gender discrimination, but I heard a lot of my friends faced gender discrimination in their college and workplace and yes it's holding them back from moving forward in their education or career. These kinds of behaviours should be punished and stop.
    You're not going to master the rest of your life in one day. Don't stress. Master the day. Make this a daily reminder.

Status
    Reputed Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhavya View Post
    I didn't experience any gender discrimination, but I heard a lot of my friends faced gender discrimination in their college and workplace and yes it's holding them back from moving forward in their education or career. These kinds of behaviours should be punished and stop.
    It's true that gender discrimination is/was there. It has reduced subsequently after many provocative incidents. But I don't see bias in the education part. Can you brief that?

Status
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by subasan View Post
    It's true that gender discrimination is/was there. It has reduced subsequently after many provocative incidents. But I don't see bias in the education part. Can you brief that?
    In college, there is no bias in education regarding gender. But When a girl tries to do extracurricular activities like sports, cultural programs or even if she tries to become a leader for any organizations or committees in the college gender discrimination will put her down from doing those things. I agree that gender discrimination reduced very much but still there people who do this discrimination thing to put down women.
    You're not going to master the rest of your life in one day. Don't stress. Master the day. Make this a daily reminder.

Status
    Reputed Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhavya View Post
    In college, there is no bias in education regarding gender. But When a girl tries to do extracurricular activities like sports, cultural programs or even if she tries to become a leader for any organizations or committees in the college gender discrimination will put her down from doing those things. I agree that gender discrimination reduced very much but still there people who do this discrimination thing to put down women.
    I feel really bad to see this. This is injustice. On the contrary, my school or college days were more pleasant and women were given equal space to perform. People should self learn and come out of this difference. Hope this happens soon.

Status
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by subasan View Post
    I feel really bad to see this. This is an injustice. On the contrary, my school or college days were more pleasant and women were given equal space to perform. People should self learn and come out of this difference. Hope this happens soon.
    Not everyone but some people have this discrimination mindset hope they progress and change their mentality.