Try our "Help Me AI"
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is the unity or relationship between respect and emotions?

Status

Talking What is the unity or relationship between respect and emotions?

"If we want to respect someone's feelings, we should first respect him"

What do you say about this claim?

Status
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bairavi View Post

"If we want to respect someone's feelings, we should first respect him"

What do you say about this claim?
    True, I agree with you when we respect someone then only we give respect to their feelings and emotions. So respect and emotions have a strong connection between them.
    You're not going to master the rest of your life in one day. Don't stress. Master the day. Make this a daily reminder.

Status
    Reputed Member
    Emotions is something which you emit according to your situations and the people around you. Respect is something which you give to people irrespective of your emotions. (*conditions apply*)

Status
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by subasan View Post
    Emotions is something which you emit according to your situations and the people around you. Respect is something which you give to people irrespective of your emotions. (*conditions apply*)
    I contrary with you in this regard, If we respect someone, some or other way they have some influence on our emotions, So I believe respect and emotions are connected with each other
    You're not going to master the rest of your life in one day. Don't stress. Master the day. Make this a daily reminder.

Status
    Reputed Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhavya View Post
    I contrary with you in this regard, If we respect someone, some or other way they have some influence on our emotions, So I believe respect and emotions are connected with each other
    You're right. They're interrelated but for some cases though you don't like them(emotionally) you'll have to respect them. They might be your boss, colleague, neighbour or it can be anybody.

Status
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by subasan View Post
    You're right. They're interrelated but for some cases though you don't like them(emotionally) you'll have to respect them. They might be your boss, colleague, neighbour or it can be anybody.
    If we do so that's not real respect, We are actually faking it for their position or the power they hold on us. So I won't term it as respect, Respect is a valuable thing that we should give to a deserving person.

Status
    Reputed Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhavya View Post
    If we do so that's not real respect, We are actually faking it for their position or the power they hold on us. So I won't term it as respect, Respect is a valuable thing that we should give to a deserving person.
    I din't mean the position or the power. I meant like your boss might be rude to you but that's just their professional side and not their personal side. You still give respect to them. Moreover no one has power over us except us. Respecting strangers to whom we don't have any bond also counts like you and me.

Status
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    I meant like your boss might be rude to you but that's just their professional side and not their personal side. You still give respect to them
    I agree with this point, We shouldn't mix professional and personal behaviours.

Status
    Hi, Bhavya and Subasan

Both views are different. However, each of us is respectful of the one we have in the public good or self-reliance on the basis of the relationship between the two sides and the basis of belief.

It is absolutely true that we respect the emotions of their feelings in respect of anyone in that sense. So I am so grateful to both of you for discussing this claim.

Status
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bairavi View Post
    Hi, Bhavya and Subasan

Both views are different. However, each of us is respectful of the one we have in the public good or self-reliance on the basis of the relationship between the two sides and the basis of belief.

It is absolutely true that we respect the emotions of their feelings in respect of anyone in that sense. So I am so grateful to both of you for discussing this claim.
    Hi Bairavi, Thanks for raising this question, because of that I and Subasan discussed our different pov and learnt from each other

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast