Try our "Help Me AI"

Thread: How can meditation improve your life?

Status

How can meditation improve your life?

Yoga and meditation have become part of many people's daily lives. Meditating on a daily basis can help students and professionals to maintain their peace of mind and focus on their work. What do you think about it? How can meditation improve our life?

Status
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by COD View Post
    Yoga and meditation have become part of many people's daily lives. Meditating on a daily basis can help students and professionals to maintain their peace of mind and focus on their work. What do you think about it? How can meditation improve our life?
    Meditation can give us better sleep, help to reduce our stress,depression and anxiety, also lower our blood pressure. Altogether meditation help us to maintain our physical and mental health.
    You're not going to master the rest of your life in one day. Don't stress. Master the day. Make this a daily reminder.

Status
    Hi cod, do you meditate?. How was the experience?. I havent tried. But i like to. Ancient world says meditation is nothing but just observe the thoughts flowing as an observer.

Status
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by roshan View Post
    Hi cod, do you meditate?. How was the experience?. I havent tried. But i like to. Ancient world says meditation is nothing but just observe the thoughts flowing as an observer.
    I thought become an observer of the present thoughts that flow through us is self-awareness and observing the surroundings is watch fulnes which also need mind focus like meditation. Correct me, if I am wrong.
    You're not going to master the rest of your life in one day. Don't stress. Master the day. Make this a daily reminder.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhavya View Post
    I thought become an observer of the present thoughts that flow through us is self-awareness and observing the surroundings is watch fulnes which also need mind focus like meditation. Correct me, if I am wrong.
    I say, observing our thoughts mean if you are watchful on what thoughts come to you, ultimately you will reach a thoughtless stage known as meditation. It is not easy as many people say. I think around 99.9% in the world including me do not know how to meditate. What we do is just a relaxation technique.

Status
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    I say, observing our thoughts mean if you are watchful on what thoughts come to you, ultimately you will reach a thoughtless stage known as meditation. It is not easy as many people say. I think around 99.9% in the world including me do not know how to meditate. What we do is just a relaxation technique.
    Got your point. You're right roshan most us don't know how to do meditation. In the name of meditation we're just giving relaxation to our body and mind.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhavya View Post
    Got your point. You're right roshan most us don't know how to do meditation. In the name of meditation we're just giving relaxation to our body and mind.
    See, our consciousness is being shifted to different modes time to time.
    When we are awake, we have thoughts and awareness. When we are in dreaming sleep (REM) we have thoughts but no awareness.thatswhy we recall the dream. When we are in deep sleep, we have no thoughts & no awareness. Lol its dead sleep.
    And when we meditate, we have no thoughts but there is awareness. It means we will know what happens around us but no thought process. It looks strange.

Status
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    See, our consciousness is being shifted to different modes time to time.
    When we are awake, we have thoughts and awareness. When we are in dreaming sleep (REM) we have thoughts but no awareness.thatswhy we recall the dream. When we are in deep sleep, we have no thoughts & no awareness. Lol its dead sleep.
    And when we meditate, we have no thoughts but there is awareness. It means we will know what happens around us but no thought process. It looks strange.
    I never did meditation in a proper way, So I never experience the things you mentioned here. But while reading I am getting the urge to experience it in real time. Sure I am going to try this out. Tanks for your explanation.