Try our "Help Me AI"
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why do city people underestimate village people's knowledge in English?

Status

Angry Why do city people underestimate village people's knowledge in English?

I don't wanna specify the people who underestimate the village people. They can do better in English now. Most of the people from Capital of Srilanka are still discouraging the people from other districts. It's a very bad thing which I experienced. I have met lots of people from Capital of Srilanka When they used to talk to me, Are you from this district? I don't think so, But your English is pretty good when comparing ours. It hurts me when hearing these kinds of conversation from those kinds of ****ty people. Please change the way you think & don't underestimate the people by their place/appearance.

Status
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranjini View Post
    I don't wanna specify the people who underestimate the village people. They can do better in English now. Most of the people from Capital of Srilanka are still discouraging the people from other districts. It's a very bad thing which I experienced. I have met lots of people from Capital of Srilanka When they used to talk to me, Are you from this district? I don't think so, But your English is pretty good when comparing ours. It hurts me when hearing these kinds of conversation from those kinds of ****ty people. Please change the way you think & don't underestimate the people by their place/appearance.
    I think we are discouraging ourselves the moment we say our self they are better than us, their English is better than me, they writing is better than me,etc,etc! Actually, we can upgrade our knowledge,skill and lifestyle to achieve better than them. But, do you think they will come down and live a like we are living? Hell NO! stop comparing our life with someone life, it's a great insult for our soul, you are unique and nobody can't be like you!
    Small Daily Improvements Always Lead To Exceptional Results Over Time. - Robin Sharma

Status
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Some people think English as knowledge, Is not knowledge it's just a language. anyone can learn any language with in 3 to 6 months.
    Just Ignore these kind of people. we couldn't change their mentality.
    You're not going to master the rest of your life in one day. Don't stress. Master the day. Make this a daily reminder.

Status
    Reputed Member
    Legit argument. I faced these comments in my university when they knew I could speak better in English than they do. But the thing they don't understand is the talent pool available at my district and every underestimated area.

Status
    Reputed Member
    Just never mind those people, if you think they are best than you'll get hurt by their words. English isn't a big issue, you can learn it well by practicing it daily.

Status
    Reputed Member
    One of my city friend once asked me, your dressing sense is so old. But you are speaking better English than us. I didn't understand the connection.😂😂

Status
    Reputed Member
    I should mention a quote that all of us know mostly. No offense.. "English is not a knowledge. It's just an another language."
    Personally it's an easy language than my mother tongue.

Status
    Reputed Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Karikaalan View Post
    One of my city friend once asked me, your dressing sense is so old. But you are speaking better English than us. I didn't understand the connection.
    I faced this kind of situation too. The truth is after you revel yourself like this kind of dimension it'll give some kind a cool feel inside. I love that!!!

Status
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    The truth is after you revel yourself like this kind of dimension it'll give some kind a cool feel inside. I love that!!!
    Totally agree with you, I felt the same in some situations
    You're not going to master the rest of your life in one day. Don't stress. Master the day. Make this a daily reminder.

Status
    Reputed Member
    First of all remember "English is just another language not a measure of intelligence".
    Don't ever feel discouraged of your own self.My advice is that , we only have to feel ashamed if we don't know something related to our mother tongue if it's not the case; just feel free, it's just another language and now you have learned something new in it.
    Do what is RIGHT, NOT what is EASY!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast