Try our "Help Me AI"

Thread: Crayon Shinchan! Is it a bad role model for kids?

Status
    Reputed Member

Question Crayon Shinchan! Is it a bad role model for kids?

As per my knowledge many people irrespective of their age are huge fans of Crayon Shinchan - one of the most dubbed anime with more than 100 million copies sold word wide.

The story revolves around a 5 year old Mischievous brat named Shinchan and has many other interesting characters. I myself have noticed many inappropriate behaviors in that series which makes me think of the negative implications it gives to the kids! This is why many countries have banned this cartoon and some have edited most of the scenes.Even after the edits it is not satisfying as a cartoon apt for children below 10 years but for adults!

What do you think about this anime? Should parents allow their children to watch this or not?

Do what is RIGHT, NOT what is EASY!

Status
    Reputed Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheero View Post
    As per my knowledge many people irrespective of their age are huge fans of Crayon Shinchan - one of the most dubbed anime with more than 100 million copies sold word wide.

What do you think about this anime? Should parents allow their children to watch this or not?

In my point of with it's not made a bad impact than our regular serials and movies. Tamil version of this mostly moded the story and deliver in a very funny way. If they tried to ban this for kids even it's famous among adults!

Status
    Reputed Member
    Quote Originally Posted by assassin View Post
    In my point of with it's not made a bad impact than our regular serials and movies. Tamil version of this mostly moded the story and deliver in a very funny way. If they tried to ban this for kids even it's famous among adults!
    Absolutely it's far better than serials , but serials aren't made for kids whereas cartoons are! So,it's not acceptable when a cartoon character acts like an adult film character.
    Of course there are so many adult fans for Shinchan, I'm also one among them
    Do what is RIGHT, NOT what is EASY!

Status
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Helena View Post

The story revolves around a 5 year old Mischievous brat named Shinchan and has many other interesting characters. I myself have noticed many inappropriate behaviors in that series which makes me think of the negative implications it gives to the kids! This is why many countries have banned this cartoon and some have edited most of the scenes.Even after the edits it is not satisfying as a cartoon apt for children below 10 years but for adults!

Cartoon shows are no more what they use to be, at my childhood days. Today, we have tons of TV channels which are solely dedicated to children. And Crayon Shin Chan is one of most famous Japanese cartoon series that telecast across many parts in the world. Even though Shin Chan appear to be a kindergarten going child, often he uses impolite language, argues with his mother and misbehaves at school with his teachers and friends. So,in my opinion it can have bad impression on kids and their behaviors.
    You're not going to master the rest of your life in one day. Don't stress. Master the day. Make this a daily reminder.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Helena View Post

I have a lot of thougths of how to spend time with the children. I like them and to play with them. But mostly, my question is about the types of games you want to play with them. If you want just to have free and quiet time, TV is one of the variants. But if you want to develop your child, it is better to work on the different kids sets. They will be more effective for the children from this point of view.

Status
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyD View Post
    I have a lot of thougths of how to spend time with the children. I like them and to play with them. But mostly, my question is about the types of games you want to play with them. If you want just to have free and quiet time, TV is one of the variants. But if you want to develop your child, it is better to work on the different kids sets. They will be more effective for the children from this point of view.
    Agree with your points DannyD, If we really want to use our kids' play time to educate and improve them then we need choose our activities wisely like plant a garden with them, enrich their minds with music, etc.
    You're not going to master the rest of your life in one day. Don't stress. Master the day. Make this a daily reminder.