Try our "Help Me AI"

Thread: What is that thing you pretend not to know for fear of embarrassment?

Status
    Reputed Member

What is that thing you pretend not to know for fear of embarrassment?

I've seen a lot of girls in my circle, who pretend like they DON"T know certain things, just to make themselves sound so girly and decent. For example, if a topic rises on a simple question on sexual relationships, most of them pretend not to know a lot on that, when we all know that is not actually true.

it's not just about that. Even men pretend not to know the stuff which is considered girly. What is wrong with acknowledging something you actually know?
    Have you pretended not to know something because of the embarrassment?

Status
    Blog Entries
    Yes i do. Even i am a straight forward person , but i can't openly talk somethings that i knew or willing to talk in some places. But i can talk with my very close friends both boys and girls. Sometimes i felt i change according to the people. Example when i talk with an open minded person i can talk whatever the problems or whatever i felt at the same time when i talk with a typical person i don't talk exactly what i felt.
    But i try to overcome it.thank you shana for a chance to talk about this.

Status
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shana View Post
    I've seen a lot of girls in my circle, who pretend like they DON"T know certain things, just to make themselves sound so girly and decent. For example, if a topic rises on a simple question on sexual relationships, most of them pretend not to know a lot on that, when we all know that is not actually true.

it's not just about that. Even men pretend not to know the stuff which is considered girly. What is wrong with acknowledging something you actually know?

Yeah, I also have seen this kind of behaviour. Maybe they think If they acknowledge their knowledge in certain things then society will judge them badly. So to avoid that they are pretending that they don't know that stuffs.
    You're not going to master the rest of your life in one day. Don't stress. Master the day. Make this a daily reminder.

Status
    Reputed Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shana View Post

I'm truly flattered that a girl asked this question. I'm not creating any bias here but this ain't the usual. Kudos to you.

Now to answer your question, this is based on the age group. Luckily I was never caught up in the wrong crowd. Sex is a part of life and people should talk about it in general. Intimacy is as much important as love.

Status
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by subasan View Post
    I'm truly flattered that a girl asked this question. I'm not creating any bias here but this ain't the usual. Kudos to you.

Now to answer your question, this is based on the age group. Luckily I was never caught up in the wrong crowd. Sex is a part of life and people should talk about it in general. Intimacy is as much important as love.
    I agree with your point Subasan, Intimacy and love both are important to our life. People shouldn't treat sex as a taboo topic, In fact, If we treat it casually we can avoid so many abuses around us.
    You're not going to master the rest of your life in one day. Don't stress. Master the day. Make this a daily reminder.

Status
    Reputed Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhavya View Post
    I agree with your point Subasan, Intimacy and love both are important to our life. People shouldn't treat sex as a taboo topic, In fact, If we treat it casually we can avoid so many abuses around us.
    If the person is not comfortable, at least talk to the people they trust. This will help in hindering many domestic or work place abuses.

Status
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by subasan View Post
    If the person is not comfortable, at least talk to the people they trust. This will help in hindering many domestic or work place abuses.
    True, People should have open conversations with the people they trust, It will help us to lead a healthy and happy life.