Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Bigg Boss - Is it healthy for our society? Or something that should be banished?

  1. #1
    Status
    Offline
    Shana's Avatar
    Reputed Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    757
       Rep Power
    15

    Bigg Boss - Is it healthy for our society? Or something that should be banished?

    We all know what is keeping everyone in front of TV recently and that is none other than Bigg Boss 2. Everyone is eager to know what conflicts would arise in the Bigg Boss house. How many of you even like to watch it? Is there anyone who thinks that the programme is not suitable for the society?
    as I know, it is unhealthy to watch someone's personal life as entertainment. It's a breach of privacy, regardless of what the participants have agreed to. Even if they've agreed to telecast their lives on TV, is it a decent thing to watch it?
    The media is using the curiosity and gossiping habit of society to raise the TRP of their channel. And we are falling into the trap daily.
    How many of you agree to this?

  2. #2
    Status
    Offline
    Adiza's Avatar
    Reputed Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    423
       Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Shana View Post
    We all know what is keeping everyone in front of TV recently and that is none other than Bigg Boss 2. Everyone is eager to know what conflicts would arise in the Bigg Boss house. How many of you even like to watch it? Is there anyone who thinks that the programme is not suitable for the society?
    as I know, it is unhealthy to watch someone's personal life as entertainment. It's a breach of privacy, regardless of what the participants have agreed to. Even if they've agreed to telecast their lives on TV, is it a decent thing to watch it?
    The media is using the curiosity and gossiping habit of society to raise the TRP of their channel. And we are falling into the trap daily.
    How many of you agree to this?
    Agree with you.Gossiping habit, curiosity for what is happening in others life are the 2 main factors by which Biggboss make people stick to it. It is bad thing to telecast personal life. And also we are wasting our time watching others life. Even I watch Biggboss in Hindi where the contestants are given really high tasks compare to Tamil. Where in Tamil they refuse to give such tasks because of our culture and social behavior differences. It is totally a task and entertainment oriented program, where you have to use your own strategies to be a Bigboss. But in Tamil Bigboss it seems to be a character exposure stage. People judge contestants only by their characters. I think it will be on track after few seasons of Bigboss. However it is an unhealthy program compare to several other programs. It is bitter truth that we are encouraging these kind of programs.
    Let's be the change

  3. #3
    Status
    Offline
    Shana's Avatar
    Reputed Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    757
       Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Adiza View Post
    Agree with you.Gossiping habit, curiosity for what is happening in others life are the 2 main factors by which Biggboss make people stick to it. It is bad thing to telecast personal life. And also we are wasting our time watching others life. Even I watch Biggboss in Hindi where the contestants are given really high tasks compare to Tamil. Where in Tamil they refuse to give such tasks because of our culture and social behavior differences. It is totally a task and entertainment oriented program, where you have to use your own strategies to be a Bigboss. But in Tamil Bigboss it seems to be a character exposure stage. People judge contestants only by their characters. I think it will be on track after few seasons of Bigboss. However it is an unhealthy program compare to several other programs. It is bitter truth that we are encouraging these kind of programs.
    Exactly! The whole point of this Tamil Bigg Boss is about creating sensational content. The participants compete against each other using nasty tactics. Slandering someone is not the way to win something. They spoil each other's lives in that single show alone. Even the past participants faced such criticism after the show was over because people start judging them.

  4. #4
    Status
    Offline
    Adiza's Avatar
    Reputed Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    423
       Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Shana View Post
    Exactly! The whole point of this Tamil Bigg Boss is about creating sensational content. The participants compete against each other using nasty tactics. Slandering someone is not the way to win something. They spoil each other's lives in that single show alone. Even the past participants faced such criticism after the show was over because people start judging them.

    Yeah, Tamil Bigboss contestants continue to get criticized by people after the show. But in Hindi people understands it is nothing just a game. After show ends, those who played cat fights starts hanging out like friends. They don't take those fights too personal as in Tamil. I think we should change our perception towards the show.
    Let's be the change

  5. #5
    Status
    Offline
    Assassin's Avatar
    Reputed Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Somewhere in this Universe!!
    Posts
    646
       Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Shana View Post
    We all know what is keeping everyone in front of TV recently and that is none other than Bigg Boss 2. Everyone is eager to know what conflicts would arise in the Bigg Boss house. How many of you even like to watch it? Is there anyone who thinks that the programme is not suitable for the society?
    as I know, it is unhealthy to watch someone's personal life as entertainment. It's a breach of privacy, regardless of what the participants have agreed to. Even if they've agreed to telecast their lives on TV, is it a decent thing to watch it?
    The media is using the curiosity and gossiping habit of society to raise the TRP of their channel. And we are falling into the trap daily.
    How many of you agree to this?
    From the first first season of BIGGBOSS I don't like to watch it, openly say that I feel it's like encourage the people to peek into others window. There is so many issues to discuss, simply it drag the people, make forgot everything and fix bad frame on the people who surrounded us as well. At lest as an entertainer reality show it should make some sense.

  6. #6
    Status
    Offline
    Moana's Avatar
    Reputed Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Vavuniya Srilanka
    Posts
    1,569
    Blog Entries
    5
       Rep Power
    16
    One benefit about big boss is that it helps us understand everyone's character, makes us get well aware about people!
    Your Last Mistake Is Your Best Teacher

  7. #7
    Status
    Offline
    Shana's Avatar
    Reputed Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    757
       Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by assassin View Post
    From the first first season of BIGGBOSS I don't like to watch it, openly say that I feel it's like encourage the people to peek into others window. There is so many issues to discuss, simply it drag the people, make forgot everything and fix bad frame on the people who surrounded us as well. At lest as an entertainer reality show it should make some sense.
    Well said. Peeking into others' window! That is the whole concept even if they give it any other polished label...
    Privacy means nothing now.

  8. #8
    Status
    Offline
    Shana's Avatar
    Reputed Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    757
       Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Shivani View Post
    One benefit about big boss is that it helps us understand everyone's character, makes us get well aware about people!
    I doubt that. The way the participants react in the show doesn't give us any idea about their character. They are all ordinary human beings and they are put inside an enclosed place with games and conditions.
    Even the noblest person would go crazy in that environment. We should be aware of people by getting to know them personally. It's all about perception.

  9. #9
    Status
    Offline
    Helena's Avatar
    Reputed Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    468
       Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Shana View Post
    We all know what is keeping everyone in front of TV recently and that is none other than Bigg Boss 2. Everyone is eager to know what conflicts would arise in the Bigg Boss house. How many of you even like to watch it? Is there anyone who thinks that the programme is not suitable for the society?
    as I know, it is unhealthy to watch someone's personal life as entertainment. It's a breach of privacy, regardless of what the participants have agreed to. Even if they've agreed to telecast their lives on TV, is it a decent thing to watch it?
    The media is using the curiosity and gossiping habit of society to raise the TRP of their channel. And we are falling into the trap daily.
    How many of you agree to this?
    We cannot totally conclude that it hasn't any positives. In my view, it's a great platform for the contestants to showcase themselves, but the impact purely depends on the way they exploit the chance.
    The next thing is that , it is like a mirror of ourselves. No one is perfect in this world and some characters in the BB-house may reflect our personality , from that we can correct ourselves and enhance our behaviors as well.
    However the time duration is somewhat too much, if you are ready to peek into someone else's life without caring about your job for 1 hour! you are actually wasting your time.
    The producers of Tamil BiggBoss are attracted towards the TRP and are promoting useless stuff to attract the audience. They focus more on gossiping and backstabbing 24/7 and not on the tasks.
    Do what is RIGHT, NOT what is EASY!

  10. #10
    Status
    Offline
    Shana's Avatar
    Reputed Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    757
       Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheero View Post
    We cannot totally conclude that it hasn't any positives. In my view, it's a great platform for the contestants to showcase themselves, but the impact purely depends on the way they exploit the chance.
    The next thing is that it is like a mirror of ourselves. No one is perfect in this world and some characters in the BB-house may reflect our personality, from that we can correct ourselves and enhance our behaviors as well.
    However, the time duration is somewhat too much if you are ready to peek into someone else's life without caring about your job for 1 hour! you are actually wasting your time.
    The producers of Tamil BiggBoss are attracted towards the TRP and are promoting useless stuff to attract the audience. They focus more on gossiping and backstabbing 24/7 and not on the tasks.
    Maybe watching it helps correct our attitudes. But have you seen anyone become reformed by that single show?
    If watching someone's life makes us correct our behaviors, then why go for the show? We live in a society full of different people. Why not learn from the real world itself?
    And even the nicest person in the world would start the backstabbing in the bb house.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-22-2019, 12:50 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-03-2019, 10:58 AM
  3. What's your take on Bigg Boss Tamil Season 3?
    By Bhavya in forum Music & Entertainment
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-27-2019, 01:06 PM
  4. Bigg Boss Tamil Fans: What's your expectation for Bigg Boss 3?
    By Bhavya in forum Music & Entertainment
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-16-2019, 11:03 AM
  5. How many of You excited to watch Bigg Boss season 2 Tamil ?
    By Bhavya in forum Music & Entertainment
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-21-2018, 10:26 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Who We Are

The Hub Sri Lanka is an online community portal for all the Sri Lankan digital Citizen's to enthusiastically learn and connect with the society by enormously increasing their knowledge and careers through an extensive collaborative marketplace.

Join us
RSS RSS 2.0 XML MAP HTML